Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
please help with bathroom layout

Posted by abekker (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 12, 14 at 15:59

This toilet window is the front of the house. Is this ok the way it is or can it be reworked somehow?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: please help with bathroom layout

Maybe just because it's way zoomed in, but it seems like a long hike from the bed to the potty.

o

I agree about the hike. I'm also not a fan of looking out a window and having a chunk of the view being blocked by a chimney. Also, personally, while I know it's popular, I am not a fan of having the window above the tub because a) you have little privacy when you stand up in the tub so you have to cover it anyway and b) if you want to open or close the window, you have to step in the tub (shoes on?) to do it.

I think the bath could be reworked to have the side window be more prominent, the potty be closer to the bedroom for nightly trips, and make better use of the space to avoid the "hallway" entrance to the bath that you have now.

o

Should I flip my set up

o

Should I flip my set up

o

abekker-I think I'd not want the natural light blocked by a wall. It's so nice to have that daylight in the bathroom. So I think your flip is better in that regard also.

o

The only thing I am afraid of that 20 ft long room is too big?

o

I like the flip much better if only because it makes much better use of the space. You could actually add a little breathing room in the bath, enlarge the closets and shrink the bedroom some and still be better off than the first plot plan....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here