Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christinagrissett

Summerlake pics

christinagrissett
15 years ago

I can't seem to get all of my pics on here. Please send me your email and I will get them to you or let me know if you want me to post them on flickr.

Comments (41)

• christinagrissett
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Pictures are posted on FLickr under greatdayalive. Let me know what else you need.

• thepond2007
    15 years ago

thepond@juno.com

I'd love to see them. thanks a bunch.

• dctl
    15 years ago

I'm actually the one who posted the original thread....
    We actually decided on building a Southern Living plan-called the "Shook Hill" by Mitchell Ginn... but I would love to see your pix....I did go to Flickr and saw terrific pictures of your kids, maybe?- but not the house...maybe I'm doing something wrong?? Thanks, Christy
    my e-mail is coneal7505@charter.net

• thepond2007
    15 years ago

christinagrissett

I got the 5 kitchen pics by email, thanks so very much. Would love to see more.

• homeagain
    15 years ago

Christy,

Have you started Shook Hill yet? I would love to hear your thoughts regarding the house as things progress. This is a possible contender for our next house. I really love the main floor of Shook Hill but would like a little more space on the second floor, especially a more open and bright foyer/hall area with space for a homework nook. Do you have your plans yet? I read somewhere that there is about 100 sq ft of wasted space behind the jack and jill bath. Is that an accurate statement?

• homeagain
    15 years ago

Christy,

Thanks for responding. Would love to see your photos. Especially of the changes that you made. There is a website that I found where a guy named Ben has posted dozens (hundreds?) of photos of Shook Hill and those two doorways into the kitchen have always struck me as odd, so good decision there removing one. I also like the idea of the enlarging the closets and separate baths, which was one of the reasons I asked about wasted space on the second floor. Do you think there is room upstairs anywhere for a study nook?

I'm certain there are instructions on this site for uploading photos. I have mine stored on photobucket and all you have to do is click the HTML link and paste it here in the message...

• dctl
    15 years ago

Homeagain-
    I'm still trying to upload my photos...can't seem to get them the right size for it to work...however, I'll be glad to e-mail them to you directly..(if I had your e-mail address)-
    Sorry...I'm mostly a "lurker" and have posted just a couple of messages- so, I'm kinda new at this....
    Thanks
    Christy

• homeagain
    15 years ago

Christy,

I emailed you thru the address listed in the opening post. As to posting photos Mighty Anvil said it best...

To post a photo:

go to http://tinypic.com (it's free and no sign up is required)

select "browse" and go find your jpg, png, gif, or tif photo file and select it (it will be automatically downsized to 250K)

select the "upload image" button

copy the contents of the "HTML" window and paste it into the text part of your message.

Now preview your message. If you can see the photo, submit the message.

I'm sure all of our readers would love to see your photos!

• dctl
    15 years ago

O.K... Here is the front of the house. Notice we changed the dormer style and the angle of the the main level garage...

[IMG]http://i26.tinypic.com/2ijt6d1.jpg[/IMG]

• dctl
    15 years ago

Not sure why it's not showing up...I followed (at least, I thought) the directions..
    I'll try and figure it out..
    Sorry.

• thepond2007
    15 years ago

Christy, Great exterior of your home!! hope to see more pics.

• kjflyhigh
    15 years ago

Hello,

We are going to be building the "Summerlake," could anyone send some pictures and maybe some of your ideas, pros and cons?
    Thank you!
    pkjones@ymail.com

• mdc08
    15 years ago

I want to see too!!!!!!!!! HAHA! can you post them here?

• thepond2007
    15 years ago

This is exciting, we are still awaiting state go ahead to pull permits (maybe august).

These pics are from original poster christinagrissett (Thanks a bunch)

Outside views:

• thepond2007
    15 years ago

Inside photos:

• thepond2007
    15 years ago

• thepond2007
    15 years ago

Whew!! That took a while to accomplish, hope you enjoy them. There are some changes to the basic plan reflected in these photos.

• mdc08
    15 years ago

WOW!!! It is beautiful! Love the tub in the picture with the toliet.... is it sunk?

• OllieJane
    15 years ago

christina-your house is absolutely beautiful! I hope ours comes out even half as pretty as yours!

thepond, thank you so much for posting! I can't wait until you get started. It's almost August! Keeping my fingers crossed for you...

Ours is strangely going to be about the same floor and stain color, wall color, etc. in the entry, study and kitchen.

So, has christina moved in?

• thepond2007
    15 years ago

Olliesmom: Christy told me that they found this summerlake for sale and considered buying it, but they didn't. She took lots of photos, though. I don't know for sure what she is doing about a house, if they are building something similar, or ?

Thanks for crossing fingers, the wheels of the state turn very, very slow. They have been saying something should move forward since about March!

Have you begun building the Summerlake? Seems like a lot of people here have said they were building this home, I wish I would have wrote them all down and kept track, incase they post photos.

• thepond2007
    15 years ago

Looks like Christy built Shook Hill, a beauty!! and I have seen the photos.

• skchak
    15 years ago

Wow...the house is beautiful...inside and out. The kitchen is lovely. I especially like the contrast between the cabinets, the island and the floor. Can you tell me the color of the cabinets, the floor/stain and the type of granite? We're building and I have my mind set on this kitchen style. In NC, right now the popular cabinet color for kitchens is white with a type of glaze so it's more of a creamy appearance. I've also seen some that are a bit beige, but I can't quite tell what you have here. Looks a little more beige than white. I'm having trouble deciding between the two...

Thanks!

• thepond2007
    15 years ago

Of all the Betz homes, even Summerlake, this one was a real turn around for me. The color scheme is really different, especially the exterior. I really like it, though. It opened my eyes to a lot more options. Love the white's and dark browns so much. We are now rethinking our exterior look completely. (If only I could see a home like this with brown stained interior wood trim and doors...) I will probably try to post some mock-up pics of the exteriors we are debating, just to get more opinions and ideas.

I don't know if Christy is around much right now, or if she knows details on the materials. I think she looked at it when it was for sale, then they decided to build.

Now that it's been mentioned, that tub does look shallow. I didn't think it was sunk. Anyone have a guess?

• mitchell0411
    15 years ago

I would love to see pictures of Shook Hill as we are also leaning toward this house plan. If someone could please let me know how to view them or I could send my email address to someone. THANKS!

• kmichelle
    15 years ago

We are also seriously considering this plan. We are thinking we'd remove the second exterior front door in the laundry room and somehow squeezing in a drop zone/locker area for kids coats and bags as well as cellphones and mail. My hope would be to also have a powder bath available. All dreams at this point...not sure where everything will go. :) Love the pics and all the fresh ideas on this forum.

• mdc08
    15 years ago

What a lovely home!!!! What is the tile work on bathroom floors? What is your granite?

• cheriepres
    15 years ago

We have just started building the "Summerlake". We bought 7 acres of land and have set the house back about 4 1/2 acres.
    We have had a cabinet designer wall up the open kitchen for more cabinets as well as widening the entire kitchen,dining, breakfast room, deck and upstairs and basement that follows that wall line, 2 extra feet. Surprisingly it did not add much to the overall cost.
    We are also extending the laundry room to be equal to the front of the house.
    I don't think the kitchen will feel too closed in since it will now be 14 feet wide.
    I would love any ideas people have or pictures if anyone has done this.

• Lori Billy
    15 years ago

ThePond--- I LOVE that house. The stain color on the floors, the wood trim, everything about the kitchen. LOVE IT!
    I need details please. Paint colors, stain colors, etc. This is exactly what I have been searching for on this site for days!!!!!!!!!
    Please email me any information and/or pics you are willing to share. I am at loribilly@yahoo.com
    You have built an absolutely perfect home!

• Lori Billy
    15 years ago

Can you give me the brand/styles of light fixture in the entryway, kitchen, and living room?
    Also, I can't make out the details on the door hardware? What finish/brand are the doorknobs?

• thepond2007
    15 years ago

Dear Fancy,

I'm sorry, but we have not started our Summerlake yet, hope to next spring. But Christina took these wonderful photos of a Summerlake that was for sale. They did not end up buying it, but she shared the photos, I treasure them!!

We are going to do our laundry room the way they did, replacing the door with a window.

I sure wish that was my home. Sorry to disappoint you. I have been coming to BAH since we bought our house plan 2006. There is a low murmur of people who are going to build a Summerlake, but I haven't seen progress posted yet.

I just did a quick search for people who are going to build Summerlake (that I can find):

dctl (Was Summerlake, but built Shook Hill)
    Christy O'Neal
    christinagrissett (I think)
    thepond
    jj30
    Olliesmom (elevations)
    Cheriepres (started 11/08?)
    kjflyhigh
    kmichelle (considering this plan)

I would love to know if there are any others, even building another Betz design, because they have similarities. Hope this helps.

• cheriepres
    15 years ago

Hi Fancypants (cute username),
    We have just started the Summerlake. Our basement was poured last week and framing should start next week. I will try and learn how to post pictures so you can see the progress.
    We are building this ourselves and contracting out. It is going to be an adventure.
    There are a couple of these already built in our area and I can post pictures or post the link. I just have to read how.
    Have you started building yet?

• Lori Billy
    15 years ago

thepond- oops! sorry about the mixup. Thank you for clearing it up and for all the names of others building that plan. I'm not looking for the house itself, just loved the interior style. Although that floor plan has great flow from what I can tell! Thank you Cheriepres! I am building a Robert Fillmore plan. I am almost ready for insulation, brick was delivered this week. I am excited to see the above pics - I finally have something to illustrate my style to the trim carpenter and to my builder.
    Thank you for offering to help me thepond and cheriepres. I look forward to watching your houses progress. Any pictures would be great!

• thepond2007
    15 years ago

Cheriepres!!

I would love any links, photos, anything. I can try to help post them for you. You can email them to me, if you want:

thepond@juno.com

• thepond2007
    15 years ago

Thanks to Cheriepres, heres 3 Summerlake photos:

• thepond2007
    15 years ago

Thanks, again, to Cheriepres, here are some links to Summerlake properties. Some have more photos, slideshow or virtual tour!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Rock Solid Builders

• thepond2007
    15 years ago

Another one...

Here is a link that might be useful: LKN Properties

• thepond2007
    15 years ago

yet another link

Here is a link that might be useful: Intracoastal Realty

• thepond2007
    15 years ago

Another

Here is a link that might be useful: LKN Realty group

• thepond2007
    15 years ago

Finally

Here is a link that might be useful: ERA Sunrise Realty

• SeeSuzSew
    9 years ago

I'm also thinking of building the Summerlake and was just wondering if there were any modifications anyone has made to the plan that aren't posted here? We are considering bumping out the back wall of the living room to be flush with the breakfast nook, and putting in sliding french doors instead of windows in the living. We wanted a little extra living room space - anyone see any issues with this idea? I have read a complaint that the living room seemed small... hoping our change could remedy this! I'm new to the forum - seems like such a great resource! Thanks in advance for any advice!