Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Babs - your flooring ?

Posted by DelawareMama (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 11, 12 at 14:40

Hi Babs,
Thanks for your response on your door. I figured it was custom and it is gorgeous!

I saw your response in the monthly build thread about what your wood floors are - 7" carbonized hickory from UA Floors. I'm looking for flooring now and keep coming back to yours as the look I'm going for! Can you give any other details? I have been searching for a cost per square foot to even see if we could get them in the budget, but I'm not sure what I'm finding is the same as what you have. Thanks so much for any help you can give!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Babs - your flooring ?

I don't mind giving you more information at all! I knew I wanted a distressed look but didn't hand scraped. I also didn't want a soft wood like pine.

Our friend has a flooring store and got this flooring in after I'd been agonizing over doing site finished floors or a prefinished floor. And I was looking at UA's prefinished reclaimed pine before I'd decided against pine. He got this in a few months ago. It is engineered. We're on a raised slab and in a humid climate so engineered is probably better for us as well.

I felt really good with this company because the thickness and wear layer are good. It is reclaimed wood on the surface of the layers. I also like that there's very little sheen to this particular floor. The company is UA Floors and it's from their Olde Charleston Collection. I think you can find retailers on their website. But note that their site is not complete with the whole product line.

Let me know if you need anything else!

o

Your house is gorgeous!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the floors, so glad you are happy with them too :)

o

Babs - thanks so much for all of the information. I can't wait to see more pics of your house - it is definitely my favorite that I have seen on here so far, and that's saying a lot because there are a lot of beauties. Thanks again!

o

Any more pics of the floors?

o

Oh wow! Thanks! That is so so kind of you! I'm going by the house tomorrow after they clean it. I'll post more photos in the build thread tomorrow!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here