Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ericstac_gw

Can I show my house off!!!

ericstac
15 years ago

I just got back from seeing the final on my stained floors and thought I would share some photos:

please comment..

Comments (30)

• tkln
    15 years ago

WOW! Those are beautiful (well, the whole house is!)...I've probably missed you talking about them before - what kind of floor is it???

Love the color...you must be so happy!!!!

• acountryfarm
    15 years ago

The stained , sealed concrete is beautiful. We are just getting ready to stain our scored concrete. I love it.
    Did you with go Kamiko stain or another brand? What color did you use? We are going with black.
    They truly are one of the most beautiful floors. I can't wait.
    Congratulations on a beautiful floor.

• ericstac
    Original Author
    15 years ago

yes, the floors are stained concrete. we used a company that does them here in town. The color is called walnut, i believe. It is an earthern umber with a dark color over it.

• moose_2007
    15 years ago

From what I have seen so far, classy, elegant and still warm and cozy looking, never mind the gun locker!
    What colour paint is that in the foyer?

• jaymielo
    15 years ago

eric, Beautiful! The pictures are stunning. You must be so excited! Please post more pictures when you have them. Jaymie

• jenk2008
    15 years ago

Those floors look great! We're planning to do something similar in our basement (someday far, far away when the house is finished), I was planning a much lighter color, but I really like your dark color too! Isn't it amazing what they can do with concrete!

• kellyeng
    15 years ago

Very beautiful!

I have stained concrete also but we went with a matte finish. The matte finish makes the floor look like aged, worn leather and I really love it. However, seeing your pictures really makes me want a glossy finish!

• Phobie Privett
    15 years ago

Beautiful! I, too, LOVE those floors! I toyed with the idea of stained concrete, but chickened out. It's very popular where we are. JUST LOVELY! Congrats!

• duluthjeff
    15 years ago

ericstat,

Those sure are beautiful floors. You must be very pleased with how they turned out.

What is the maintenance routine for polished stained concrete? Will you need to wax and polish them regularly?

• jenanla
    15 years ago

Stunning!!!!!

• ilmbg
    15 years ago

Beautiful! Did you put radiant heat under the floors? I am thinking that that way would be the most efficient??

• always_learning
    15 years ago

ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh---gorgeous! Please show us more of your lovely home!!

• tinker_2006
    15 years ago

Wow - soooo Pretty!!! The house is looking GREAT!!!

• ericstac
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I will get some more pictures soon, I was just amazed at how well the floors turned out that I had to share.

There are a few others that post here with these floors that can share on the maintenance. I believe you have to re-wax every couple years or something..

If I was to do it again I would probably add the radient flooring. As I was watching the foundation crew smoothing out the concrete it popped into my head that radiant flooring would be perfect. Oh well, I will do it on the next house ;)
    But really we are a hot family by nature so the cool floors should be soothing to us. We are the kind of family that keeps the A/C on at 70.

BTW, the house is the Fitzgerald by Don Gardner.

• lindybarts
    15 years ago

GORGEOUS!!

• brutuses
    15 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

• rockmanor
    15 years ago

While the post is about your floors (which *are* lovely), I am more caught up in your kitchen and curved stairway, and would love to see more pictures of both. I like how you raised the d/w. That's such a smart thing to do, especially if you've ever had any back problems.

• neesie
    15 years ago

I noticed the dishwasher also; is that a drawer underneath it? Good idea. The thing that really caught my eye was the brick around the stovetop (don't know the professional name, sorry) but it really adds a lot of character to an already lovely kitchen. And the floors? Perfection!

• rhome410
    15 years ago

WONderful. I love the floors, the hefty granite, and your stove 'hearth'.

• bmmeaux
    15 years ago

ericstac,
    Do you mind sharing the deminsions of your kitchen and living room?

kellyeng,
    Please, please post pics of your matte finished concrete!

• ericstac
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Room Information
    Bedroom #3: 13' 4" x 12' 0" x 9'
    Bedroom #4: 13' 4" x 12' 0" x 12' Vaulted
    Bedroom #5: 11' 0" x 12' 0" x 9'
    Bedroom / Study: 13' 4" x 12' 0" x 9'
    Bonus Room: 18' 6" x 16' 4" x 8' 3"
    Breakfast Room: 13' 4" x 14' 10" x 9'
    Dining Room: 13' 4" x 12' 0" x 9'
    Foyer: 6' 4" x 12' 0" x 21' 6"
    Garage: 22' 0" x 22' 0" x
    Great Room: 20' 0" x 17' 0" x 19' 1" Vaulted
    Kitchen: 13' 4" x 11' 6" x 9'
    Master Bedroom: 14' 0" x 17' 0" x 10' 6" Tray
    Utility Room: 9' 6" x 5' 8" x 9'

Here is a link that might be useful: Our floorplan

• disneyrsh
    15 years ago

Can you tell me what is the name and brand of the paint colors you used? It's all so beautiful it's breathtaking...

• txgal06
    15 years ago

GW wouldn't let me post for the past 5 or 6 days. Some sort of "Access Denied" message. ???

The floors look great. Did you use Peyton & Assoc? Looks like their work. You will be happy with the ease of maintenance.

• ericstac
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yes it was the Peyton & Assoc...

• swax
    15 years ago

So beautiful! What are your kitchen countertops?

• ericstac
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The granite is called Lapidus.

The installers did an excellent job, there is only one seam in the entire kitchen/butlers pantry and that is in the corner area, evreywhere else is solid stone, even the 10 foot piece in the butlers pantry.

:)

• trilby23
    15 years ago

Oh my! That is TOTALLY gorgeous! I love EVERYTHING about it!! And only ONE seam in the granite -- Oh, my!!

More pictures SOON, please!!

------------- Trilby

• armomto3boys
    15 years ago

Oh my, that is gorgeous! We are also staining our concrete (scheduled to pour next Tuesday!!). We did put radiant in, can't wait! Thank you for sharing pics, I also want dark cabinets and I was unsure if the dark floor would look ok, your pics proved it will look fantastic!

• bmmeaux
    15 years ago

Do you know off hand the distance between your island and cooktop and island and dishwsher? My kitchen will be the same measurements and I was sure an island would be a tight fit. Your island looks like a nice size with great workable space.

Thanks,
    Bec

• mdc08
    15 years ago

We want to do this in our home as well. Did they score the floors before framing?