Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ontariomom

Do you love your carpet color?

ontariomom
11 years ago

Hi all,

We are struggling with choosing the color of our carpet for our staircases and bedroom level. We tend to prefer cool colours (blues, cool greens, etc) for accessories, bedding, furniture, tiles etc. However, we have moslty solid pine furniture (a more golden shade of BC pine than some yellow pines), which seem to work better with warmer toned carpet. Our main level will be hardwood maple (from Generations in the Sahara color). The hardwood is a stained maple with a mid toned brown with a bit of grey undertones. The hardwood and carpet will be seen together at the base of the carpet staircase.

Can anyone recommend a pleasing beige carpet with grey undertones (greige)?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Carol

Comments (5)

• User
    11 years ago

I love my carpet color but I'm having a hard time finding where we documented what color it is! It's basically greige as you described. Here are some pictures...

Natural light on left / CFL light on right

If that's the color you're interested in, let me know and I can ask my husband to dig up the name of the product.

• ontariomom
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Minneapolisite for posting these photos. I love that color shown in the natural light, and it was what I was searching for. If you do find the name and brand of it, I would be very grateful. However, don't go to too much trouble looking for it.

I will keep searching at the carpet store for that color. It is frustrating that so many of the carpet samples are very tiny. I find it hard to imagine the color on a large scale. We did ask the carpet store to order us a few larger samples of the ones we thought were good, but discovered we did not like the colors on the bigger samples.

Carol

• User
    11 years ago

I know the feeling. I felt like we were just shooting in the dark. We have a townhome so most of the house gets lit by artificial lighting most of the time, which is a lot less forgiving than natural light. When it first went in I wasn't sure about it, but within a week I had forgotten it was there, which was the look I was going for. :P

We've had our carpet for about 6 years and I still like the color. Most of the walls in my house are Sherwin Williams Rice Grain, and I think this carpet complements it nicely.

I do remember that the carpet wasn't super expensive. We did an upgrade carpet pad underneath it and it has worn really well (still looks as good as new) and still feels really cushy.

YOU ARE IN LUCK. My husband saved the email from 2006 LOL!

Manufacturer: Shaw
    Style: New Oasis
    Color: Whey
    Price: $2.64/ (this is our discounted Floor Club price)

1/2 - inch Rebond pad (for use upstairs)
    Price: $117.59 per roll (270 sq. ft. roll)

7/16 - inch Gemstone/Vapor Barrier pad (for use on concrete downstairs)
    Price: $143.47 per roll (270 sq. ft. roll)

• ontariomom
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Wow Minnieapolisite!

Thanks to you and your husband, I have a lead on a good color. I will go this week to see if Shaw stills carries that color. It is nice to know on a larger scale the color is pleasing.

Carol

• kirkhall
    11 years ago

Our carpet color is similar, I think. No pics. From 2010:
    Our carpet selection is: at Home Depot: Royalty Incomparable in
    Carlton THS (incomparable is the style, carlton ths is the color)
    (18.72/sqyd)

There was another that was a little darker that I considered. And, there was one that had a green tint to it too in this same family of carpets.

btw--this home depot carpet was the same, as far as I could tell, as a Shaw product named differently.