Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loves2read

Any brand of shelf liner that is 15 inches deep???

loves2read
9 years ago

I have a large pantry and want to clean it out, reorganize, and lay new shelf liner...
The shelves go along the back wall and are 15 inches deep--wood painted white...
I prefer not to use that softer, perforated vinyl liner--that is what I have and over time it practically glues itself to the shelf...hard to take up and leaves residue...
The ribbed clear plastic is 12 or 20 inches wide---
I don't want to spend time and money cutting off 5 inches from the 20" width or add 3-4 to the 12" wide for full coverage---and I do need all the width of the shelves...

I know I could buy the 20 and instead of running the length down the shelf I could cut off 15" sections of the roll and lay in individual sections on each shelf but that is tedious and likely would take more rolls overall...

I don't want to use plain paper because over time that too will stick/stain...

Any suggestions--
PS--I actually won't be doing this--my cleaner will when we are on vacation so won't be there to give oversight or help...another reason I don't want extra cutting...

Comments (8)

• musicgal
    9 years ago

try chic shelf paper online. They will cut it to spec. It is peel and stick, but you obviously don't need to use it that way if you use adhesive dots from the craftstore on the corners. It also comes in a variety of patterns.

• loves2read
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for info
    I will check it out but need soon
    And am little leery of price if it is "custom" size
    But thanks

• User
    9 years ago

You can cut a roll of it on a table saw.

• kirkhall
    9 years ago

I don't understand the purpose of a shelf liner, for solid wood, painted shelves... I thought the purpose was to make wire shelves have a flat surface... but if you already have a flat surface? (I am not critiquing, just trying to understand).
    I like Reno's solution, though there will be some waste.

• musicgal
    9 years ago

loves2read- yes, I think that since your posting indicated that you don't want to deal with scissor cutting the existing liner, you should just whoop out your l'il ole table saw and take care of business.
    And wow, we should let the conglomerates know that they are producing such a useless product, and selling millions of rolls of it every year. Oh, the horror.
    Anyway, good luck finding your paper. There's a pretty group of toile patterns online that I found when I looked at the Chic website. I agree that it's very nice to keep your shelves pristine and free from marks. I do like the perforated rolls... they have been very good for my stoneware and pot cabs.

• loves2read
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I found non-stick vinyl contact paper at BBB that u can tear off in 1/4 increments
    Bought it today
    It is 15 inches but will be easier to work with

• loves2read
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I want it because washing it off doesn't risk paint coming off
    I am not sure if shelves are wood or MDF and although painted it is easier to clean the plastic

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida