Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nikinikinine_gw

introducing myself

nikinikinine
11 years ago

Hi All, I've been reading through the forums. So nice to be amongst others excited to build and not feel so guilty for thinking about our house all.the.time.

We broke ground on a custom build on 5/21 and our framing starts on Monday. I am 6 months pregnant, so I am trying to make as many of our selections early on so that I'm not lugging my current kids and myself around all of timbuktu this summer (which I'm sure will happen anyway).

We just selected our doors and windows, all transoms and sidelites, and I'm currently working on our siding, stone and shingles.

Though our home is a custom build, our builder works exclusively with certain local vendors so we are finding that we are limited by manufacturers in certain areas (i.e. Wolverine or Mastic siding, Owens Corning cultured stone). I thought that this would make my life easier, but I feel like it would be easier for me to know what I want and find it rather than know what I want and have to try to recreate the look with what I can get.

This is the 2D rendering of the front elevation for our house

{{gwi:1454398}}

And these are two images I've been saving for the overall look I am hoping to achieve. Both are by a builder in IL called Oakley Home Builders.

{{gwi:1454399}}

{{gwi:1454400}}

If anyone has pictures of the following stone and siding colors that they wouldn't mind sharing, I'd be greatly appreciative. We're looking at Mastic Harbor Gray, Deep Gray and Cape Cod Gray. And American Legend Sterling Gray and Granite Gray.

In stone we're looking at Owens Corning Aspen (mixed with Fog) and Bucks County (mixed with Fog). TIA! Looking forward to chiming in on the forum :)