Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just saw my floorplan on House Hunters

Posted by minneapolisite (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 17, 12 at 8:03

That was kind of fun. :) I know the show is totally staged but I like to watch it when they are "shopping" in my area. The last house the couple visited was a 2010 version of my floorplan. (Just slightly different than ours--the builder has tweaked it over the years.)

The only negative comments they had about it was the lot (it was in one of those communities where the houses are really packed in tight) and the wife thought it was really weird that they had two shower heads in the large master shower. She said she couldn't imagine being dirty enough that you needed TWO shower heads to get clean...the narrator said that they were "newlyweds" so I'm sure they will eventually figure out the advantage to two shower heads, LOL! :)

This was the exact listing they were looking at:

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just saw my floorplan on House Hunters

Looks cute...

Where is the floorplan?

Who was the builder?

o

Builder: Hanson Builders based in Andover MN
Floorplan: "Northland" (with is a smaller version of their "Crestview.")

(Hanson is a semi-custom builder. We were originally going to do a totally custom build, but fell in love with one of their floorplans, discovered they were going to build on on the PERFECT lot for us, and realized we would save about $50,000 AND get a better location by going with semi-custom instead of true custom.)

Here is a link that might be useful: Hanson Builders

o

I saw that! Not the entire episode, but I do remember going through channels and seeing the comment about the two shower heads. I thought...can she really be this clueless? But maybe that was 'the script'...and it was a pretty house! :)

o

Looks very neat, anywhere I can find floor plans?

o

They don't publish them online, and ours is a slightly different version, but there are some images on this thread:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/build/msg0317221922091.html?20

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here