Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flush wood doors???

Posted by mjtx2 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 23, 12 at 5:20

Has anyone used flush wood doors? My door budget is giving me fits. I don't have a raised panel door style anywhere in my cabinetry in the entire house, nor does the style of this house lend itself in any way to raised panel doors, but my door budget seems to only allow for those Masonite molded raised panel doors. To me that just won't look right, so I'm examining other options, including just getting flush doors.

They would be solid core and would feel heavy. I could paint them off-setting colors, or even field-apply trim, or I'm open to other creative ideas. I just really need idea help, and quickly (!) as I have to finalize the doors on Monday morning.

Anyone use flush doors? Or have ideas for me? And thank you in advance - I love all your opinions!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flush wood doors???

I used flush doors on a project that was fairly contemporary, and the solid ones feel great (there is a mix). I would go with solid flush doors rather than molded hollow masonite.
I am planning on doing this in my own next house, which is modernist.

o

This may be a silly question, but what do you mean by flush doors extactly?

o

Flat like a slab, no detail on the surface at all.

o

A flush solid core door with a birch veneer can look good with a clear finish and a painted frame.

o

Thank-you for the clarification! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here