Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
momto3kiddos

House complete... Moving Friday... Photo tour

momto3kiddos
10 years ago

Hi all! I thought I would post some pics while the house still looks pristine. I doubt it will look polished for very long once we move our stuff in. As long as it has taken me to pack, it will take me all summer to unpack. We built our forever home with the help of my dad, an experienced custom home builder, on the farm my husband grew up on. We designed the floorplans ourselves, then summerfield generously helped us tweak it. The architect basically drew up what we handed him with very few changes. We did several things to improve the energy efficiency of our home since we will be here for the long haul including geothermal hvac, conditioned crawl space, spray foam insulation, radiant barrier, and all can lights are led. We have not persued energy star even though we are compliant due to the training involved, but we may look to do that after we get settled. We did, however, use an energy rater who performed a blower door test and hers certificate. Our hers score is 53... I think that's pretty good for a 5000 sq ft one story home. I am actually looking forward to our first few power bills. :). I doubt I will be online for the next week between moving and waiting for the phone company to install dsl service next week, but I will be happy to answer questions once I am back online. Thanks to all of you who offered feedback on our plans, kitchen layout, insulation questions, flooring challenges, etc. I could not have done this without the help of the fabulous folks on GW!

Side entrance

Kitchen... Large lights to be switched with smaller ones soon

Foyer

Dining... Paint is martha Stewart plumage, and it is not bright like the pic shows, but more of a deep turqouise. I took all these pics with my ipad, perhaps that's the problem

Mudroom/side porch door

Mudroom cubbies and drop counter

Mudroom bath

Office

Powder room

Master bedroom and bath

One of the girls rooms

Sons room

Game room

Screen porch with ezebreeze enclosure

Patio

Back hall

Laundry room

Thanks for being there for me and with me through the process!

Comments (62)

• akshars_mom
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Thanks for the details on the foyer and the hallway. We will have a hallway which will be 4 feet so it is good to see how it looks.

• Houseofsticks
    10 years ago

Great job! Thanks for he finished update! I love your cubbies and drop counter area.

• FmrQuahog
    10 years ago

Very nicely done. As pbx noted above, the finish work appears top notch. Congrats!!

• kirkhall
    10 years ago

Ah, yes! I remember your laundry room discussion. Which direction did they end up venting?

Oh, I just love to see these floorplans come together. Thanks for re-sharing!

• Eden-Manor
    10 years ago

Looks great! Congratulations!

• carp123
    10 years ago

love it! you must be so proud!!

• Steph Morris
    10 years ago

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Absolutely beautiful! It must be sooooo great to be at this stage of your journey! I can't wait to get there too (someday)!

• lazy_gardens
    10 years ago

What flooring did you use? The wood floors?

Love the vivid teal in the dining room :)

• Kate @ The-Hall-Way
    10 years ago

The house looks gorgeous!

I'm curious as to what brick you used? It's very similar to what we plan to use.

• momto3kiddos
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Brick is General Shale Pheonix. Our house is far from the road, and all the color variation really helps give it more visual interest with the distance.
    Floors are 3 1/4 inch white oak character grade 2, site finished with natural stain and satin poly.

• tikilyn
    10 years ago

You're house is really pretty. Love the floor plan too! I really love the kids side of the house and the placement of the laundry room. Hope you don't mind me borrowing some aspects of it.

• dutty
    10 years ago

ooohhh... I'm so sad!! I can't see the photos because it says you've exceeded your bandwidth! I wanna see! I wanna see!!

• cearbhaill (zone 6b Eastern Kentucky)
    10 years ago

Photos are still missing.

• caben15
    10 years ago

Everyone should stop using photobucket if they're going to be using bait-and-switch tricks like this. Try imgur.com, it's free and as far as I know, they don't ever remove the images.

Here is a link that might be useful: imgur.com

• luckymommy1
    10 years ago

Wow! Well done.

• nostalgicfarm
    10 years ago

How pretty! I have to ask what brand windows you used? They look fantastic!

• momto3kiddos
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I apologize in advance for my brevity... We are in the midst of preparing our home for display for a Christmas Tour of Homes to benefit the scholarship fund at our local Woman's club. Thanks for the wonderful feedback! The windows are plygem pro 400 if I remember correctly.

• Laura Clardy
    10 years ago

Beautiful! And we have similar tastes. Almost all of your light fixtures are on my wish list! :)

• Chadoe3
    10 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the dining room color. I've never been a fan of red dining rooms and that blue is stunning!

• momto3kiddos
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I thought you may like to see a couple of moved in and almost decorated for Christmas photos.... Living room and dining room.

Sorry for the boxes, random flowers on the floor! There will be some fresh magnolia leaves in the center of the table as the season grows nearer!

• Carol.33
    10 years ago

Mom to 3 - Love your ceiling!
    Where are your table lamps plugged in? Do you have electrical outlets in your floors? We are currently working on our electric plan for our under construction house and I'm not sure what to do about some of the lighting…. specifically the table lamps next to the couches. We have a very open living area with not a lot of wall space.

• doodledog_gw
    10 years ago

I love the silhouette plates hung in the dining room - did you make them?

• Snbtwins
    10 years ago

Your home is beautiful. Do you mind sharing who makes your foyer light? Thanks!

• Spottythecat
    10 years ago

Your home is just beautiful in every way! You have great taste in furnishings, colors etc....I really like your large laundry room...the brick exterior is just beautiful...something we don't see much of these days! It looks beautiful and ready for the holidays!

Enjoy your new home!!!
    Pam

• tulips33
    10 years ago

How exciting! What are the dimensions of your island? I think ours might be similar.

• Kenda Hackney
    9 years ago

I can only see part of the pics. Can you repost them?
    thanks

• Erin Gladden
    9 years ago

I love this! I want the floor plan!!!!

• momto3kiddos
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Eric - Send me a PM, and I will be happy to share plan info.

Tulips33 - Your post is old, so sorry. For reference, our island is 4x14 overall, but the last 2 ft are table height, so it appears more like 4x12.

• Erin Gladden
    9 years ago

@momto3kiddos Can you send me the floor plans? What size lot did you need for this?

• lizcutehouse
    9 years ago

Could I please get a copy of these plans. I love them! I tried to message you but was unable to send the message : /. Thank you. Your home is beautiful!

• momto3kiddos
    Original Author
    9 years ago

If you will post your email address I will be happy to send it to you. I am not sure how to find contact info for folks now that this is on the Houzz site.

• Erin Gladden
    9 years ago

cu_Redhead@yahoo.com

• alliecurran
    9 years ago

momto3kiddos-do you by chance have a larger scale version of the house plan that summerfield did on November 11, 2011? I cannot zoom in close enough to see the square footage. My email is alliecurran@yahoo.com. Thanks in advance!!

• jenrn79
    8 years ago

Momto3kiddos - I also would like a copy of your plan. We are currently working on a very similar plan with our architect and would like as much info as possible...please send to me at JenRN79@hotmail.com. Did you build a basement on to this plan? We are looking to add a basement. Thanks.

• Amber
    8 years ago

Beautiful! I love the doors in particular, but the whole thing is gorgeous.

• vsheffield79
    8 years ago

momto3kiddos - I saw your floor plans on pinterest & knew I'd found the plans I've been looking for! It's so beautiful!! I too would love a copy of a larger scale version of the plans that summerfield did for you, but I like the last version better (the November 14, 2011 plans). I noticed the plans have stairs in the mud room, next to the office door, where do they lead to? I need stairs that enter into a great attic space. My email is vsheffield79@yahoo.com. Thank you for sharing the pics of your lovely home.

• reesepbuttercup SLC, Utah 6b
    8 years ago

Lovely! I really like your stained kitchen cabs and wood flooring. Great mudroom too and that screened in porch looks very relaxing

• lisaith
    8 years ago

@momto3kiddos - love this plan! Can you email it to me? mrsjvaty@gmail.com

Thanks! :)

• jhoppis_hhs
    8 years ago

Would you be willing to share this house plan with me via email? We are looking to start building in December and this plan has most of what we are looking for. My email is jhoppis.hhs@gmail.com thanks!!!

• Pamela Kordenbrock
    8 years ago

Just gorgeous! Can you please email me the plans? I'm at pmk_signup@yahoo.com. Thanks!

• Alicia-Roger Gaynor
    8 years ago

I would LOVE a copy of the floor plans as well sent to aliciagaynor123@gmail.com

• joniboyd
    8 years ago

I would love to have you send me the floor plan of this home! Its perfect! I printed off the original but I like your final with the 3 car garage! I as well have 3 children and live on 10 acres. I love that the home is all on one floor and has a room for entertaining and bathrooms the kids can get to with out running through the house with there muddy boots! Please send to joniconner@Hotmail.com. Thank you!

• theolsonsjunkmail
    8 years ago

Beautiful!!!! Well done!!! Would you ppppppplease email the plans to me too? theolsonsjunkmail@gmail.com Thank you!!

• jordanalazenby
    7 years ago

I love your floor plan! We are planning to build in a few months and I have been unable to find a plan that I like as much as yours. Would you mind sending me a copy? My email address is jordanalazenby@yahoo.com Thank you!

• missouribound
    7 years ago

What a fabulous house! I know you are so pleased with the way it turned out. I love the colors, your kitchen, and your sunroom. Enjoy your life there!

• haydendawn
    7 years ago

Stunning! We love your plan and would greatly appreciate you emailing us a copy! (Bet you haven't been asked that before) :) Thanks in advance. haydendawn@yahoo.com

• Whitney Cuddy
    7 years ago

hello, i would love a copy of your plans :)

whit.cuddy@gmail.com

thank you!

• mindyjust
    6 years ago
    I would also like a copy of the house plan. My email is: mindyjust@hotmail.com
    Thank in advance!
  • mgh_pa
    6 years ago

You all know the OP hasn't posted in almost 3 years and shows no recent activity, right?

• Frank Duclo
    5 years ago
    Been looking at plans for months and this looks just about right. Could you please send me the plans? Very much appreciated. Frank@duclo.com