Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New build-iIs stove required to close on the house?

Posted by 135deepa (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 9, 12 at 1:38

We are building new house through builder. The appliance options builder has are whirlpool, kitchen aid, jenn air. But we want to do subzero Wolf appliances after closing.
Is the stove required to close on the house? We are putting 25-30 % down on 15-30 yr loan ( not decided yet on 15 or 30 year term)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New build-iIs stove required to close on the house?

You need to call your building department to ask what they require in order to issue a Certificate of Occupancy. You will also need to check with your bank as they will probably send an inspector before your closing as well.

o

If they do, why not pick up a craigslist one for a temporary inspection, and install your upgrade post-closing?

o

If they do, why not pick up a craigslist one for a temporary inspection, and install your upgrade post-closing?

o

'why not pick up a craigslist one for a temporary inspection, and install your upgrade post-closing?"

Or ask the dealer you are using if they can supply a unit removed from another house if you purchase from them.

o

Check out the Enchanted Home blog - very high end house but she had the funniest stuff temporarily installed for inspection (bottom of the barrel stove, walmart faucet, etc.) Borrowing one is a great idea - since stoves, even cheap ones, aren't cheap. We have 3.00 jelly jar lights on our back for inspection only. They are dreadful ;)

o

Alright Athens - why the lights? I can't come up with a reason.

o

Alright Athens - why the lights? I can't come up with a reason.

o

Had to have exterior lights for inspections and I haven't decided what I want to put outside in the back yet - too many decisions and this is an expensive one (we have copper gutters going in so they need to coordinate and copper lights are VERY expensive) so I want to get it right! Jelly jars are tacky but cheap and functional and let you get your c.o. I also have a few keyed lightbulb lights where I couldn't find the right fixture ;) Work in progress, David!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here