Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
7500 to 3500 sq ft, UPDATED plan

Posted by glenwood705 (My Page) on
Thu, May 17, 12 at 23:24

Hi everyone. I've taken your feedback into consideration and have re-evaluated our programming needs and created a plan that is based solely on what we need. Exterior is still French Norman. Ive also included a site plan for where the house will be located. It's in the side of a mountain, almost at the top ( don't want to put it on the top) views are south and mainly west and some east. I know I'm forgetting something too.......

Photobucket

SITE PLAN

Photobucket

Thanks in advance for checking this over.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 7500 to 3500 sq ft, UPDATED plan

Two quick comments.

1) A washroom opening directly into the entry foyer is, um, unusual.

2) A basic layout rule for at least the last century is that you shouldn't have to walk through one room to reach another. Here, to get to the kitchen, you have to walk through the living or dining rooms. Ditto the master bedroom accessed only through the kitchen.

But if it suits you, go right ahead.

o
RE: 7500 to 3500 sq ft, UPDATED plan

Not an expert, but I think it looks good. Only thing is the laundry mudroom that is the only access to between the dining room and kitchen. Those are usually cluttered areas even for neat people. And could be awkward if you are having a dinner party for people to go through it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here