Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
this is great design!

Posted by momtoblondie (My Page) on
Tue, May 1, 12 at 21:29

I started another thread about finding a floor plan and I had to post this plan because I just love it. Great design, great use of space. This kind of design is what I am looking for, smart and cost effective. Dumb question perhaps, but how many square feet is this house?

Here is a link that might be useful: love it

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: this is great design!

Page one of that article states that the designers were limited to 1500 sq ft.

o

Thanks! Sorry, I didn't realize the link sent me to page two. Duh!

o

The two story floor plan looks like 3200 sq ft to me, not including three garage or porch.

o
Wait a minute...

Actually, maybe slightly under 3000. Too late at night and can't see enough on my phone to give you a certain answer. Hopefully someone else can correct me.

o

Which of the 4 houses are you referring to?

o

If it is the house on page 2, which is where the link takes me, I come up with approximately 2912 sq ft. Page 1 shows the sq ft at 1554 and page 3 looks like around 1536 sq ft. There is just no way that the house on page 2 is a 1500 sq ft house. You can tell by the scale of the furnishings, etc. that each square has to be close to 2' x 2'.

o

Kind of a confusing article, the first page does say 1500 sq ft but I agree there is no way that house can be that size.

o
oops sorry yes page 2

yes sorry the house on page 2 (Robert Hidey design)

o

If each square is 2' x 2', I would say each floor is 1316 sqft, for a total of 2632 interior sqft and the garage is 20' x 22'. Those are based off 2' squares which is close to the scale, but could slightly be off. With exterior sq ft, I think 2912 is closer. Without actual dimensions, it is all just an estimate, but I would feel comfortable calling this house 2600 - 2900 plus 450 for a garage. (Which by the way is a pretty small garage for truly fitting 2 cars and having an access door on the side.

o

You can see the size of the rooms if you go to this link

Here is a link that might be useful: Builder Magazine Novebmer 2010

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here