Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do Baldwin roses with concealed screws require a converter

Posted by threeapples (My Page) on
Tue, May 29, 12 at 21:21

Or adapter type mechanism that the rose screws onto. I found a site to order just the roses, but it doesn't explain how they attach to the door. thanks so much. By the way, I want to use them with the Crown City Harware knob. The Baldwin rose is 1.75. think that will be ok?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do Baldwin roses with concealed screws require a converter

I think they all need that thing to screw onto. I don't know about the size.

o

What finish are you going with? I just caution that you check samples as Baldwin finished do not match other hardware manufacturers.

o

No idea. Are you having your doors bored on site I assume? That is a non standard size. Ours were supposed to come in non bored but we had to send them back as they were prebored (their mistake). I guess they ran it through the machine to do the hinges and they did the door knob bore also.

I wouldn't think the parts would interchange but maybe I am wrong. I would buy both and see.

As far as that small backplate goes in Baldwin - it usually goes with the smallest Baldwin knob. I am not sure how it would look with a standard size knob - funny perhaps? Also I don't know if the knobs would be interchangeable.

We did a slightly larger rosette (the other felt too small with the small knob) and a slightly larger knob but smaller than standard size - by Omnia. You might want to see if they have something you like. Their traditions line is well priced.

The reason you can buy just the roses on the baldwin is that the baldwin estate is mix and match - chose your knob and backplate seperately for a custom look.

I would also worry about finishes matching. I would want the knob and the rosette to be from the same manufacturer I think.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here