Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lmrinc_gw

How much do Marvin windows cost?

lmrinc_gw
9 years ago

Our builder is telling us how much each window is going to cost and I'm thinking it's on the high side but I guess he'd rather guess high than be wrong and guess low.

We are doing a mix of french casement push outs and picture windows as well as double hung.

How much were your windows? Anyone use Marvin?

Thanks in advance.

Comments (7)

• niteshadepromises
    9 years ago

Marvin Integrity pricing in fall of last year:
    Wood Ultrex Double Hung: RO 36.75wx60h 446.35

• lmrinc_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

thanks, those are big price differences!

• User
    9 years ago

You should not compare the cost of two windows without comparing the full specifications.

The Marvin Ultimate DH window quoted above would be $528 without interior primer, SDL applied mullions, black spacer bars, LowE 366 glass, special locks, finger lifts and extension jambs.

It is also important to know if taxes and markups are included. Also, I don't believe there is a French casement available in Integrity Wood-Ultrex windows.

Why would your builder be guessing about window prices? He should be able to give a list to a wholesale window supplier and get an actual quote, add his markup and installation price and tell you the actual cost you would pay for each of the different window models. You certainly won't be able to get that kind of information from an internet chat room.

• Oaktown
    9 years ago

In answer to your question, my perception of Marvin windows was "expensive", but of course everyone values thing differently and my impression was that windows are one area you largely get what you pay for.

As Renovator8 mentioned, Marvin Integrity does not make a French casement -- or at least not an option for us last year when we chose windows. We used French casements with a few casements and fixed or operable transoms. Our builder priced Marvin Ultimate and Loewen, they came back about the same but we thought the Loewen interiors were nicer (clear vg fir as standard rather than an upgrade). Please do price out the options that you want, in addition to the ones that Renovator8 mentioned, the Marvin Ultimate line (if I recall correctly) might offer, for example, push-outs on the casements, retractable or swinging screens, etc. Good luck!

• suz04079
    8 years ago

Oaktown- I have been trying to find windows for a sunroom. It is 10 x 8. I researched bifold doors but I gather they'll be expensive. Someone suggested french casement windows. We are trying to keep the feel of a screen porch but also be able to close them quickly if it starts to rain. Could you give me a general idea of the cost of french casements and how large can they be. Thanks-

• User
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

The frame size of an aluminum clad Marvin French Casement can be up to 5-0 wide x 5-11 high. They are available in push-out and crank-out versions.