Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ash6181

Window help please

ash6181
10 years ago

I'm not sure what to do about our windows. We have nice views to the right (if you're looking at the front of the house) and rear of the house. Our original idea was to use casement windows because we thought those would be least disruptive to the view (no horizontal line as double-hung windows would have).

I posted our original elevation a week or two ago for feedback, and one of the comments was that the casement windows didn't match the style of the house, and that we needed divided panes. We've also found that we can knock about $40,000 off the cost of the house if we switch to double hung windows instead of casements.

I'm posting our revised front elevation below (I Photoshopped grids just to get an idea of what it might look like). What type of windows do you think would look best, and what pattern should we use for the divided lites? Is it possible to mix different types of windows, and have casements in some places and double hung windows in others (I know it's possible,but would it look weird? I've never noticed if other people do this.) Thoughts?

Thanks,

Ashley

Comments (3)