Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need ideas and maybe a photoshop

Posted by farmhousegirl (My Page) on
Mon, May 7, 12 at 20:03

Hi all,

Okay, my husband and I have finally starting to narrow down what we want. We like the Valley View from Southern Living and Milliner from Russell Versaci.

The main part of the Valley View is the same shape as the Milliner, however it doesn't have the wrap porch (which is a MUST HAVE). We'd like to combine the Valley View elements--floorplan, garage, and small second porch, but have the main part of the house with an open side to create the wrap porch like the Milliner. Or, in other words, the Milliner house with the small porch and garage (and floor plan) of the Valley View.

Would love ideas on how to make this all work and allow for the wraparound porch.

Southern Living Plan:
http://southernlivinghouseplans.com/plans/SL1718?&search%5Bbathrooms%5D=&search%5Bbedrooms%5D=&search%5Bcommit%5D=SEARCH&search%5Bdepth%5D=&search%5Bfloors%5D=&search%5Bmax_square_feet%5D=&search%5Bmin_square_feet%5D=&search%5Bplan%5D=valley+view&search%5Bvendor%5D=&search%5Bwidth%5D=

Russell Versaci Plan:
http://www.havenhomes.com/collection/pdf/210_milliner_details.pdf

Thanks very much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need ideas and maybe a photoshop

I very much like both these homes. However, they seem totally different in the floor plan - the master suite is downstairs on the one and the other seems more historic - with all bedrooms upstairs. For me this would change the whole feel of the house.

o
RE: Need ideas and maybe a photoshop

Hi archie,
We'd be going with the Valley View floorplan. The exterior is what I'm referring to on the Milliner.

Basically it's the same turned front gable and porch on both houses. I like how the Milliner has the wrap porch and would like the somehow shift everything around on the Valley View to be able to allow for the wrap around porch instead of a porch that runs into and ends at the side of the garage. Sorry, I don't think I'm making any sense.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here