Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
exterior color decision

Posted by daviddj (My Page) on
Mon, May 26, 14 at 19:19

Hi - These are the two color schemes our designer came up with for our new house which is almost done now. I prefer one and my wife prefers the other. What do you guys think ...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: exterior color decision

I like the orange.

o

I really like the orange as well.

o

The orange makes it look really custom. What color will the front door be painted?

o

The door is not in yet (they are whittling it), this is a construction door. It is Douglas Fir. We are not painting it

o

Orange, based on these photos.

o

I'll be the dissenter, I like blue with a clear coat for the Doug fir front door.

o

I think the blue makes that section recede too much. I love the orange. If you like blue what about a brighter shade?

o

Orange.

o

I'm going to be different here and say the other one, not orange. I think orange is a popular trend color right now, but you will tire of it quickly. I'd play with some more color options.

o

I favor the blue :) I think it looks nice with all three colors being the same tone.

o

I vote for the blue/purple.

o

Wow! Wife here...this is going to be such a hard decision I think. The front trim will be painted to match, not staying white. The soffits will be dark, but I am not sure what color if we go with the burnt orange. I am so tired of making decisions, I REALLY just want to move in!! :) LOL

o

Whichever you decide on, the color needs to be repeated on the other sections of the house, preferably two times, to tie it all together. The front door could be one repeat of the color. If the front door is Douglas Fir, it could be stained a color to repeat the orange of the back section of the house. (Isn't unstained DF a warm burnt orange?)

o

we went with the orange

o

Love the orange, especially with the blue port a potty. I'm serious, no tongue in cheek intended. That house is dying for a blue on it or near it.

o

Thanks for following up, its nice to see the final decision, in the flesh.

o

Thanks for posting the update. It looks great!

o

great choice!!

o

The orange looks great...thanks for filling us in!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here