Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
daviddj_gw

exterior color decision

daviddj
9 years ago

Hi - These are the two color schemes our designer came up with for our new house which is almost done now. I prefer one and my wife prefers the other. What do you guys think ...

Comments (19)

• jdez
    9 years ago

I like the orange.

• pixie_lou
    9 years ago

I really like the orange as well.

• dekeoboe
    9 years ago

The orange makes it look really custom. What color will the front door be painted?

• daviddj
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The door is not in yet (they are whittling it), this is a construction door. It is Douglas Fir. We are not painting it

• jennifer132
    9 years ago

Orange, based on these photos.

• Oaktown
    9 years ago

I'll be the dissenter, I like blue with a clear coat for the Doug fir front door.

• jackson2348
    9 years ago

I think the blue makes that section recede too much. I love the orange. If you like blue what about a brighter shade?

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

Orange.

• Bridget19
    9 years ago

I'm going to be different here and say the other one, not orange. I think orange is a popular trend color right now, but you will tire of it quickly. I'd play with some more color options.

• ladybrowncoat
    9 years ago

I favor the blue :) I think it looks nice with all three colors being the same tone.

• anitaladyrose
    9 years ago

I vote for the blue/purple.

• daviddj
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Wow! Wife here...this is going to be such a hard decision I think. The front trim will be painted to match, not staying white. The soffits will be dark, but I am not sure what color if we go with the burnt orange. I am so tired of making decisions, I REALLY just want to move in!! :) LOL

• nanj
    9 years ago

Whichever you decide on, the color needs to be repeated on the other sections of the house, preferably two times, to tie it all together. The front door could be one repeat of the color. If the front door is Douglas Fir, it could be stained a color to repeat the orange of the back section of the house. (Isn't unstained DF a warm burnt orange?)

• daviddj
    Original Author
    9 years ago

we went with the orange

• rgps
    9 years ago

Love the orange, especially with the blue port a potty. I'm serious, no tongue in cheek intended. That house is dying for a blue on it or near it.

• nepool
    9 years ago

Thanks for following up, its nice to see the final decision, in the flesh.

• dekeoboe
    9 years ago

Thanks for posting the update. It looks great!

• Kathy Harrington
    9 years ago

great choice!!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

The orange looks great...thanks for filling us in!