Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jamie81

Certainteed Cedar Impressions siding

jamie81
11 years ago

Have any of you used the certainteed cedar impressions siding? I am trying to find pictures of their granite gray color and I am not having much luck. I have seen a post with the Natural Clay color, and we had pretty much decided on that until we got a larger sample. Instead of a greige color, it looks very tan on our house.

Comments (12)

• Jack Kennedy
    11 years ago

go with your gut feeling on the colors. The environment in which they are placed makes all the difference. Are you looking at actual samples on site? if so make sure you're not looking at them up against mud as a base, you'll have some type of landscaping and that will change how the siding looks. can you post some pictures?

• motherof3sons
    11 years ago

Most of the lumber yards in our area have samples. Do you have a Menard's in your area? They have the best selection of samples, plus they have sample boards. We used cedar impressions in Mountain Cedar - Love it!

• jamie81
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Do you have any pictures of your house with the Cedar Impressions? We did get samples at Menards, but they are tiny. They only stock one color, so you can't buy a larger piece to get a better idea.

• marie_ndcal
    11 years ago

We use steel siding on our house and steel roof due to snow and hail problems. It comes is several colors and very little maintance. Our siding is well over 10 years old and looks as good today as it did when it was put on.

• Sidney4
    11 years ago

We have Cedar Impressions and I'm pretty happy with it but our color is Rustic Blend which ,unfortunately, was discontinued shortly after we installed ours.

• motherof3sons
    11 years ago

Jamie81 - It was sidney4's house that gave us the idea for Cedar Impressions. It is quite lovely. Below are some pics when they were installing. The house has changed considerably since these pics. I can also mail you a "sample piece". Just let me know.

{{gwi:1410488}}

• Sidney4
    11 years ago

motherof3sons, this is OT, but if your Cedar Impressions supplier has any left over Rustic Blend let me know.

Thanks,
    Sid

• Sidney4
    11 years ago

They discontinued a whole line of colors in addition to the one we used. I am hoping to locate some additional Rustic Blend siding because we used lap siding to supplement the shake siding and now I wish we had used more of the RB shake.

Your Mountain Cedar looks great!! I love all your color choices.....nice!

• jamie81
    Original Author
    11 years ago

motherof3sons, the Mountain Cedar is really nice. What did you do on the lower half of the house? Is that also the Cedar Impressions, or is it lap siding? Which siding and what color is it? It really is a nice combination.

I have a very difficult time imagining what colors will look like. It is so helpful to see pictures.

jamie

• joyce_6333
    11 years ago

Jamie81: I don't have a summer picture of our house yet, but this is the front entry. We used Certainteed Impressions Cedar Blend. I've heard this color is also discontinued. We didn't buy our siding from Menards, but our local store had a huge display of colors, with smaller samples available to take.

• motherof3sons
    11 years ago

Jamie - The clapboard siding is Certainteed Monogram 'Spruce' in double 4". The lower half is stone that is in process. We chose Centurion Southern Wheat Ledge. It varies from tan to terra cotta to a deep plum. Our masons are great, but they are also farmers and needed time to get crops in, cut and bale hay, etc. So, our schedule for the exterior is completely skewed. Below are some pics.

{{gwi:1447514}}

{{gwi:1447515}}