Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Allowance Sheets...

Posted by Kathi67 (My Page) on
Thu, May 9, 13 at 17:56

Is everyone given an allowance sheet when they start to build? My builder hasn't given me one yet and now he says I am over in some areas. He hasn't said I am under in anything. I want to complete this build on budget and would love to see an allowance sheet. Does anyone have an allowance sheet I can look at?

Thank You

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Allowance Sheets...

They are all different and with different allowances based on the build. Ask you contractor for one with current totals as well so you can see where you are over line by line.

o

Pull out your contract and read it again. The allowances (or the items not specified) should be included as part of the contract. Every contract is different, so someone else's particulars about their allowances wouldn't help you very much unless they were building with this particular builder in your neighborhood as well.

o

Yes, first look over your contract, then ask your builder for a budget worksheet on what you have budgeted per item example ( tile-carpet allowance--granite- kitchen and cabinets allowance) I know I went over on my kitchen and granite budget and wish I would have made it bigger during the contract phase..It is very true that you need to be prepared for overages in cost when building, so many unexpected out of pocket cost..it is easy to find things you want to add in that you may have not budgeted for in your contract.. Best wishes on your build..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here