Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kymberie_gw

Need Help Planning!

kymberie
10 years ago

We just bought 50 acres of vacant land. We are going to build a home. My parents will also be building a home. They want to have a barn as well. We would like to add an in- ground pool that will be next to the barn. We want the barn side awning to be poolside so that it can be a party room too. Our house would go on the left side of the image and my parents will go on the right side.

The problem is we are trying to plan to easily annex my parents house when they are deceased. (We are having them build next to us, so that I can care for them when the time comes) So their house would have to be just the house and not include the barn or pool.

I would really like to have our driveways side-by-side, however, it becomes an issue when we go to sell. Any thoughts?

The town however will not allow for a barn to be built on a lot without a house, unless it is a farm. We plan to build in one year and my parents would like to start in September. So, my parents could build the barn on their lot, but not ours until we have a house there.

Does anyone have any ideas of how this can be done? I am hopeful, since I have exhausted my options.

Comments (2)