Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boymom23

Good source for getting bathroom mirrors?

boymom23
10 years ago

It's time for me to get mirrors for all the baths, and I'm having a hard time finding any that I like. I prefer a framed mirror. Any suggestions on where to get them? Thanks.
**ALSO, do you guys match mirror color with faucets/lights, or does anything go these days? You'd never think buying these 7 mirrors would be so difficult, lol!

Comments (14)

• lucy0214
    10 years ago

I got 1 at hobby lobby and the rest at Kirklands (excellent prices)!

• boymom23
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Lucy! I have yet to go to Kirklands. I need to remember to go by there! It's been a while since I've been to HL as well. How's your house coming along?

• allison0704
    10 years ago

Our master bath and powder room mirrors were made at a local framing shop. Might not be the least expensive way to do it (price depends on what you select), but you get what you want and framing shops have a nice variety you don't see elsewhere.

One guest bath has an antique I painted and glazed. The other two bathrooms have framed mirrors purchased at a locally owned home store.

The way I've always looked at bathroom mirrors - are usually the largest accessory in the room. Sometimes the only framed piece in the room. Break it down, pennies a day. And, you can take them with you when you move.

This post was edited by allison0704 on Sat, May 4, 13 at 19:01

• popeda
    10 years ago

Garden Ridge has a lot of bargain selections.

• Eyegirlie
    10 years ago

I got most of ours at garden ridge and then the 1/2 bath at kirklands

• abrshafer
    10 years ago

My cabinet maker will make custom frames for the bathroom mirrors to match the cabinets and it's actually a really good price.

• nini804
    10 years ago

I found a pretty one at Home Goods for the powder room, but for the children's baths, I had the trim carpenter frame them out with our trim, then the painters painted them. Very pretty, and very built-in looking. I don't think it cost much at all,,,I mean, there was tons of trim laying around, and the carpenters were here all the time anyway. In our master, though, I wanted something more, I don't know...delicate? Fancy? It was just too d@mn hard to find the right size, and just right style of mirrors that would work over our double vanity. My ID suggested we do a big plate (I know, I was like "whaaa?") but have a thick bevel around the edges and mount the sconces through the mirror. It is absolutely beautiful and perfect. I would never have thought I wouldn't have a framed mirror! Unfortunately, it ended up costing much more than having the carpenters frame it....apparently beveling is some lost ancient art, lol.

• lucy0214
    10 years ago

I had this long reply typed out, and then it disappeared. We moved in about a month ago. Good luck with your build, look forward to seeing pictures!

• brickeyee
    10 years ago

Buy mirror (next size up is OK if you need it), cut to desired size at framing shop, frame it up.

• lindaw_cincy
    10 years ago

I did the same as Lucy-some at Kirklands, some at Hobby Lobby.

• zone4newby
    10 years ago

It wasn't a bathroom mirror, but I needed a mirror that was a specific size and style, and so I ordered the frame from AmericanFrame.com and then brought it to my local glass shop and had them put a mirror in it. It ended up being less expensive than a lot of the not-quite-right mirrors I was finding in stores.

Here is a link that might be useful: American Frame

• bdpeck-charlotte
    10 years ago

There's a closeout furniture place near us. They have lots of framed mirrors for dressers that they sell seperately. We managed to find ones that were a good fit for our spare bathrooms. They look awesome, and averaged $20 each... I can't get a miror for that, forget about it being framed.

• boymom23
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for all the great suggestions!

• PRO
    Window Accents by Vanessa Downs
    10 years ago

Look at southeastern salvage. I got large, nice mirrors there for our master and the upstairs bath. The powder room mirror came from our lighting store (quality) and I refurbished an old mirror for our basement bath.