Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
faulstr_gw

Please share traditional main floor master plans / photos

faulstr
10 years ago

There are some beautiful homes built by some of you posters that I'd love to see floor plans or photos for inspiration. We really want a traditional styled home (think Georgian or Colonial) and love the symmetrical 2 story style. There have been some posts with intriguing exterior photos but I've tried searching on user names without success to find more photos and preferably floor plans. Thought I'd try a post to see if some of you with traditional styled main floor master homes would respond. :-). Thanks so much in advance!

Comments (10)

• sanveann
    10 years ago

We love that style as well, but we found that it was very difficult to find it with a main-floor master -- unless you have a massive second floor or very tiny first floor, it's quite difficult to keep that rectangular profile.

Because the style we wanted was more important to us than the location of the master bedroom, we eventually decided to move ours upstairs.

• abrshafer
    10 years ago

Here is my main level master floorplan. I don't know if you would call it colonial or georgian though :)

We tweaked this version just a bit. We took out the middle coat closet between master and study and will make that area have a built in cabinet. Then we moved the laundry room sink to other side of washing machine and we have added another fireplace to keeping room. The side entrance also has a built in "drop zone" across from coat closet and behind guest bath.

• olivesmom
    10 years ago

They are harder to find, but I recall William Poole having at least one colonial with a main floor master.

• libertyridge
    8 years ago

nini804 I love your home. Is it white brick or painted brick?

• nini804
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Hi! I just clicked on this thread and realized it was an old thread! Thanks! Our brick is painted. SW Eider White.

• libertyridge
    8 years ago

Thank you nini804 for your reply.

• stephanie_sara
    8 years ago

Here's one for you!

• faulstr
    8 years ago

Interesting - I posted this over 2 years ago and it was brought back up with a question for Nini's beautiful home. We ended up designing our own from scratch and are about 2-3 months from completion. It definitely has a classic feel but is not completely authentic. The challenge we found was that without having a huge house (love the look of the plan just posted above but that looks much larger than our 3600 square foot plan) the garage had to stick out front to get the interior flow we wanted. But we designed our garage to look more like an addition and plan to use landscaping to play up the house and downplay the garage. Just funny to see my old post resurface from back when we were just starting our process now that it should be completing soon.

• libertyridge
    8 years ago

Faulstr we would love to see your pictures and/or floor plan! Congrats on being so close to completion!