Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please share traditional main floor master plans / photos

Posted by faulstr (My Page) on
Wed, May 8, 13 at 16:19

There are some beautiful homes built by some of you posters that I'd love to see floor plans or photos for inspiration. We really want a traditional styled home (think Georgian or Colonial) and love the symmetrical 2 story style. There have been some posts with intriguing exterior photos but I've tried searching on user names without success to find more photos and preferably floor plans. Thought I'd try a post to see if some of you with traditional styled main floor master homes would respond. :-). Thanks so much in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please share traditional main floor master plans / photos

We love that style as well, but we found that it was very difficult to find it with a main-floor master -- unless you have a massive second floor or very tiny first floor, it's quite difficult to keep that rectangular profile.

Because the style we wanted was more important to us than the location of the master bedroom, we eventually decided to move ours upstairs.

o

I don't have my floor plans in a digital file, but I have a traditional house with a master down. The master is in a one story wing off the back. I will post a pic of the front and back so you can see. From the front it is very symmetrical.

Front (there is a matching little "wing" on the left that doesn't show in this photo...
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

And this is the rear. The master is on the right, with all those windows. Being able to have rear entry garage helps with symmetry, plus makes for a Mack-daddy b-ball court for ds! ;)
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Here is my main level master floorplan. I don't know if you would call it colonial or georgian though :)

We tweaked this version just a bit. We took out the middle coat closet between master and study and will make that area have a built in cabinet. Then we moved the laundry room sink to other side of washing machine and we have added another fireplace to keeping room. The side entrance also has a built in "drop zone" across from coat closet and behind guest bath.

o

They are harder to find, but I recall William Poole having at least one colonial with a main floor master.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here