Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
megradek

We've moved in!

megradek
14 years ago

So glad to finally post those words! We've been in for a week and are starting to get settled.

some details:

broke ground mid-July (2008)

Custom home and floor plan (about 3700sqft, with unfinished basement - eventual project!)

Local custom cabinet guy did cabs throughout the house

Cumaru hardwood floors and stairs

before:

after:

foyer/front door

dining room - like our table and chairs?? Out of money for now!

mudroom

kitchen

butler's pantry

family room (before furniture!)

stairs

patio

Comments (28)

• megradek
    Original Author
    14 years ago

here's a few more pics!

front porch

laundry room

a little bit of whimsy for the daily chore!

masterbath

master vanity area

walk-in shower

• crazyhouse6
    14 years ago

Congratulations! Absolutely beautiful home!!! Where did you find those pulls for your laundry room?

• megradek
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks, crazyhouse! The pulls are Michael Aram. You can get them on special order at Lowes, but I found them online at knobshingesandmore.com for a bit cheaper!!

• gopintos
    14 years ago

Congratulations!!

Many nice touches, thank you for sharing!

• hollyh3kids
    14 years ago

Beautiful! Congrats!

• brutuses
    14 years ago

Congratulations, it's beautiful. Love those cabinet knobs in the laundry room. Very cute!!

• booboo60
    14 years ago

Beautiful home! Love your windows, hardwood, kitchen, everything :) Congrats!

• shelly_k
    14 years ago

Love your home! I'm sure you are so happy with how it turned out!

Are those windows in your shower? I've never seen anything like that...

• justmeinsd
    14 years ago

beautiful home. You are going to really enjoy living there with all your special touches. BTW - I have the same dining set.

• eventhecatisaboy
    14 years ago

Congratulations! It looks beautiful! Your kitchen is wonderful...love the bell jar lights! Would you mind sharing where you purchased them? And...would you also mind sharing your kitchen cabinet color? Looks black on my monitor, but I wasn't sure.

Great job! Enjoy and cheers to many happy memories!

• megradek
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments!

shelly k: we added the "windows" (just openings into the rest of the bath) so that the walk-in shower wasn't so cave-like (a little more natural light) and for venting purposes.

justmeinsd: LOL! what can ya do? we decided it would be more important to spend the $$ on insulation! It'll be better to find just the right set at the right time. good thing we moved in now - I've got many months until the next major holiday (thanksgiving)!!!

evanthecatisaboy: The bell jars are from Potterybarn. The kitchen cabs are walnut with "java" stain - not black, but very, very rich brown. I'm planning on doing the official Finished Kitchen Blog post over on the kitchens forum, but was going to wait until we decided on our stools and bfast nook table!!

• newhome3
    14 years ago

Mairin,
    Congratulations on your GORGEOUS new home!!!

I just love the colors and the warm and classy feeling they give to the home.

I want those laundry room pulls!!! Beautiful touch of whimsy....
    Would you mind sharing which paint colors you used, especially in the living room and master bath?

I think those windows in your shower are unique....such an excellent idea. What kind of glass is in them?
    Enjoy your new home!

• crazyhouse6
    14 years ago

Thanks for sharing more pictures of your new home. Feel free to add more. :) I've been looking forward to seeing them after seeing glimpses of your gorgeous kitchen and awesome mudroom. I wanted to add that I love your cabinet color choices in the mudroom and laundry room - different and classy.

Enjoy your new home!

• megradek
    Original Author
    14 years ago

here are the paint colors for the whole house - it was easier just to copy and paste! Obviously I didn't include all of the rooms, maybe I should add more this afternoon during nap time!

Benjamin Moore colors:

trim: decorators white
    mudroom: 997 baja dunes
    powder room: 1593 adagio
    foyer/hall: HC-172 revere pewter
    living room: 998 cabot trail
    dining room: 2072-20 black raspberry - above paneling
    kitchen/bfast nook: HC-172 revere pewter
    family room: HC-87 ashley gray
    stairwell/upstairs hall: HC-172 revere pewter
    Clara room: 177 mushroom cap
    Evelyn room: HC-72 Branchport Brown - below chair rail
    1403 french lilac 1403 - above rail
    master bedroom: 985 indian river
    master bath: HC-90 crown point sand
    JJ bath: HC-81 manchester tan
    guest room: 1535 seattle mist
    guest room bath: 1611 graytint
    laundry room: HC-45 shaker beige

no glass in the shower, just an opening!

• rich52
    14 years ago

Mairin, nice job on the house. Looks beautiful. Can you post a picture of Graytint? It seems BM does not have a color card that you can take home for that color.

Thanks,

• kateskouros
    14 years ago

i think it's stunning! i gasped at the sight of your kitchen (in a good way) ...and i'm a white kitchen girl! such lovely details throughout. LOVING the mud room and laundry rooms too. it looks like it will actually be "fun" to do the wash (although i'm sure i'd get over it). you should feel very proud, it is a lovely and welcoming home. wishing you many happy and healthy years, enjoy it!

• megradek
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Okay, here's the rest of the rooms. This is truly testing my photographic (in)abilities!!

DD2's room

DD1's room

JJbath

jjbath tub area

guest room

guest bath - rich52 - this is the graytint on the walls

shower for guestbath

living room/playroom for now!!

no picture of the master and closet yet - major work in progress!!

• Phobie Privett
    14 years ago

Congratulations! It's lovely!!! I know you had concerns with your facade, but it turned out great! And I LOVE your black cabinets! Gorgeous!

• rich52
    14 years ago

Mairin, thanks for posting the pic. Where did you get the framed mirror for the master bath? The vanity looks similar in size to ours which is 72".

Thanks,

• megradek
    Original Author
    14 years ago

rich52: after hunting for what felt like a century, we ended up having our cabinet maker build the frame for us, then had the glass door/mirror guy make a mirror to fit! I had the hardest time trying to find the right sized mirrors for all of our bathrooms - especially the ones with double sinks since the spacing is important. We almost resorted to finding a big tall 'dressing' mirror and turning it lengthwise. good luck with your hunting!

• jenanla
    14 years ago

I don't know where to start. That mudroom, that kitchen,that living room ceiling. Wow!!!!

• rhome410
    14 years ago

LIke so many others, I don't even know what to say or where to start. What a beautiful and warm home with excellent detailing. I love your kitchen, the wall color in the living room, and the cabinet color in the laundry. So jealous of the mud room! Congratulations and enjoy!

• lindybarts
    14 years ago

FANTASTIC!! I love everything you picked out but especially the kitchen. My jaw hit the desk when I saw that photo. Just stunning!

Great job and congratulations!
    Lindy

• niffy
    14 years ago

Your house turned out so beautifully! I peeked in earlier this week specifically wondering if you'd have posted photos yet, since I remember seeing you complain about our lovely weather delaying your concrete (and thus your move-in). Aargh. It's still affecting our build, so you are lucky you are done and in! Every room is just gorgeous! Who did the painting in your girls' rooms? And where did you get the glass tile in the shower in the jack-n-jill? LOVE it!!

• megradek
    Original Author
    14 years ago

thanks so much to everyone!

rhome: the cabinets in the laundry room are "olive". I am now so happy that I went out on a limb for the laundry and mudroom and used color!!

niffy: My mom painted the girls' rooms. She's done comfortable with many mediums, but is primarily a water colorist. I am lucky to have a great number of her paintings for the house (someday I will hang them!). We got all of our tile (except the kitchen backsplash - that was Ann Sacks) from Prosource Flooring since our builder got a nice discount through them. For some reason I can't find the manufacturer or name of glass tiles. It's a blend of matte & glossy off-white and tans. We still haven't been able to finish our landscaping because of all the rain. we'll be lucky to have grass by mid-July at this rate!! hope your weather delays go away soon!!!

• Carey Wilson
    4 years ago

Your home is so beautiful. I came across it on Pinterest and it has been one of my Inspiration homes. We have been really struggling with the exterior and I love the look of yours. Would you mind sharing the color trim and soffit that you used I’m really struggling with picking colors for that? We are also doing brick, stone and bronze guttering. Thank you I would really appreciate your help.

• The_Lane_Duo
    4 years ago

Congratulations on completing your home & moving in!

• millworkman
    4 years ago

"Congratulations on completing your home & moving in!"

They completed and moved in 11 years ago........................