Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Window color

Posted by deee (My Page) on
Wed, May 30, 12 at 15:43

We are doing a remodel but I know many of you are very window savvy so I hope you can help.

We were all set to order the prefinished white Anderson 400s. Then I looked at a color sample and realized the Anderson white reads really gray in my house. The color will be fine for the exterior. I could order white exterior and pine interior and have my contractor paint. But, then the window grids will have to be two different colors (removeable) or not match the interior.

Am I making a bigger deal of this than I should? Or should I look for a brand that has a prefinished white that is compatible with the rest of my house?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Window color

pretty much everybodies white is slightly off as white is actually not a true color.

o
RE: Window color

I have the Andersen 400s in my house (lots of them). Yet, I did not want my trim to be a grayish white. My trim is SW Creamy. They do not "match" and it does not bother me.

If you try to match all of the whites in your house it will drive you batty.

The Andersen 400s have a very nice prefinished painted surface. Personally, I would do my best to avoid having to have them painted.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here