Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
k_smith3

New, need floor plan suggestions

K_Smith3
10 years ago

Hi,
I've been browsing on here and everyone seems very helpful so thought I would ask for some suggestions.
My husband and I are considering building a house, we don't have land yet but would plan on purchasing 3+ acres. We currently have an almost 3 year old (plan on having more kids in the future) and 2 dogs. We are DIYers so would like to do as much work as we can ourselves (with help from friends and family) and would like simpler lines to keep costs down (but not look completely "cookie-cutter"). Style-wise we tend to like traditional with some rustic or craftsman influence, like the style of some of the Garrell plans but those seem a little too $$$$

Wanted in plan:
- 2 story with second floor master
- 3-4 bedroom
- 2+ garage (would prefer detached or next to house, not under bedrooms)
- With kids and dogs really need a back/side entrance near garage and kitchen with full bath, laundry, dog space (possibly a "family studio" might work)
- Office/craft room space-could possibly be part of "family studio" or could be separate room
-No formal living, just central great room (which does not need to be 2 story)
-Kitchen open or partially open to great room
-Unfinished (possibly walk-out?) basement that could be finished later
-Would like to keep it around 2500 sqft if possible with max of probably 3000 sqft

Not necessary but would like:
- Small wet bar/butlers pantry
- Steps with landing, not straight (unless it has second small straigtht staircase near back entrance)

Something similar to this floor plan (Mascord Farnsworth)
http://www.mascord.com/plan_details.asp?PlanID=2351

minus the first floor master, with full bath instead of powder room, and slightly smaller sqft might work

Thanks so much for any suggestions and advice!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH