Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Windsor Windows vs. Jeld Wen

Posted by daisy71 (My Page) on
Wed, May 30, 12 at 12:09

Hi,

We are building a new home and are trying to cut our budget on exterior doors and windows (I have a lot of them in our plans so it adds up). My GC suggested to switch from Jeld Wen to Windsor Windows to save. I am not able to find a lot of reviews of Windsor. What is the general consensus? Is Jeld Wen regarded as more qualitative than Windsor? What is the experience of those that have installed Windsor in their homes?? Is there any other brand I should consider that would be both qualitative and cheaper than Jeld Wen?
Hope someone can help me make this huge decision!!!
Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Windsor Windows vs. Jeld Wen

Personally neither brand is very good in my honest opinion. I have no idea where your building or what material you would you would like your windows made of or what type of windows your using but you may want to look at Integrity by Marvin (Fiberglass). These may be out of your budget as well but they are about the least expensive I would recommend. You may want to post this in the window forum and possible someone else may offer a suggestion as well but windows are not a place I would suggest looking to cut the budget.

o

Hi Daisy71,

We understand that purchasing windows for your home is a big investment and it is important that you make the right decision. Our director of sales, Scott Renke, has worked both at Jeld Wen and now at Windsor and knows both products very well. He'd be happy to answer any questions and provide a detailed comparison for you to help you with your decision. You can get in contact by calling 1-800-283-339 and we'll direct you to him.

Thanks and good luck!
The team at Windsor Windows

Here is a link that might be useful: Windsor Windows

o

***Correct number is 1-800-283-3399.

Thank you!

o

SMH, unbelieveable

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here