Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mamabirrd

Just some updates & pics of our building process...

mamabirrd
16 years ago

Hi everyone!

I haven't got much of a chance to post much over the past few months, but I'm here reading a few times a week. It's really been nice to watch every one's progress.

We started this journey back in March of 2006 and I thought that possibly we'd be moving in early this Summer. That guesstimation was way off. : ) We were slowed waaaay down by the nasty winter weather, among other things. I am still pregnant and had been on bed rest for approx. 3 mos. so my DH had to do everything. He has worked so hard and I'm thrilled to say that our framing and roof are complete and we are looking forward to our delivery of 40+ windows this afternoon.

We have agreed to "try" to enjoy the rest of the building process and take our time. It was a scramble for DH to get the roof on and now that we are protected from the weather we can take things a bit slower. I have no clue when we will put our current house on the market and move in but I have no worries....we'll get there eventually. : )

We are going to take some time now to focus on our first child. I am due tomorrow and have an induction date scheduled for next week. We should be welcoming our little bundle any time now. I can't wait to take him over to the new house in his all-terrain-stroller, lol.

Here are a few pics. All work was done solely by my husband, with a bit of help from one of our masonry employees who we have hired to help us in the evenings. We've also had our entire masonry crew out on several occasions to help. My DH is totally exhausted, but happy to be off of that roof!! I'm pretty proud of him.

Here is a pic right before the roof framing was complete. Almost time for plywood.....

This is our monstrous chimney....with the brick we've picked for the exterior of the house. Our fireplace inside is "see-through" and it situated in between the living & dining rooms. It is approx. 20' tall inside.

Here are the roof & shingles.....

And this was my Mother's Day present....

My very own farm gate! It is located at the entrance to our property. Someday we will probably brick some pillars and put in something a bit more permanent. But for now, I love it!

I'll attach a link below to my original thread....it has some other pictures and info. from early on in our progress.

Have a nice day!

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

Here is a link that might be useful: My original thread (I'm ready to join the club)

Comments (6)