Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
please help me review my floorplan

Posted by sunnyyellow (My Page) on
Wed, May 2, 12 at 11:00

Hi Everyone!
I love this site and I've learned so much here that I want to hear your opinions about our soon to be new house! :-)

I'm so exited that we finally have our floorplan finished! We like it a lot and we're very happy with how the designer and architect have worked with us. However, there are a couple things that I would like to improve, if possible. We are a young couple with 2 kids: 7 and 5 y/o.

Things I need you to help me review:

1.The mudroom area. I technically got what I wanted, which was space for cubies, a sink and a broom closet, but it all seems so cramped in I'm not sure it will be functional enough.

2. The laundry room. I just want to make sure I'll have enough space for a wall mounted ironing board cabinet, a full size steamer and counter space for folding and space underneath it to line up two rows of three laundry baskets. I originally wanted at least 6 feet of counter space....not happening... :-(

3. The staircase. Now, please tell me if I'm being a little crazy about this... I always envisioned coming up and down the second floor through the right side, the side next to the great room. Not till yesterday did I realize it's drawn the opposite way! For some strange reason this feels unnatural and weird.... why? am I being nuts? please tell me if so... lol

The house is 3,626 sf and that's already pushing the limits, so increasing the size is not an option....

thanks in advance! :-)

first floor

second floor

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: please help me review my floorplan

Your links go to extremely tiny pictures - probably thumbnail versions. You will need a link to larger pictures to get any feedback.

o

Thank you aa62579, here goes another attempt:

o

Still not working. DO you have the pictures set as public?

o

o

Still can't see the pictures.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here