Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Color for my exterior - Pics

Posted by gaonmymind (My Page) on
Sun, May 27, 12 at 10:42

So the top one is the sketch of my house the bottom is a house recently built in atlanta. I thing the blue is really pretty. What do you think? Also need to figure out a stone and brick that would compliment. The trim would be white.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Color for my exterior - Pics

Blue is so pretty but can be difficult to get right. My monitor is showing up your picture is more greyish. Friends of ours did a blue shingle house with a brownish fieldstone with light grout. It has faded to a blueish grey over five years and actually looks really nice.
We are going with butter cream nichiha lap its a yellow beige depends on light. Black windows, white trim, black roof.

o

It looks gray to me too - I love a gray shingled house! Tennessee fieldstone looks great with gray shingles as long as you cull out the oranges, pinks, and maybe blacks? We have a fieldstone fireplace on our screened porch and a fieldstone mailbox with a bluestone cap. They got rid of the orange/pink/black and the remainder are tans, greys, beige. . .

I would pick the stone first and then find a complementary brick. There are tons of neutral colored bricks that would work.

o

Athens....Is this fieldstone?

http://www.houzz.com/projects/29900/Belle-Meade-Nashville-Tn

I love this stone...so pretty. May be a bit too muted though. I was thinking the stone should probably determine the color since it will bee the most limiting in color and if the house is the wrong color it could make the stone look terrible.

Pbenn - I am going to drive by the house. I have a close up the shingles and it is a bluish gray with navy shutters. But yeah gray and blue are the direction I am heading. I wish I could do a cream or white, but my hoa wants a earthy color. I can't wait to see your mix. Your land is so pretty I think the yellow color would look so classic.

o

I am not usually a big fan of blue, but I like this color. It has a nice grayish tint to it.

Especially nice on the shingle siding.

Did you say you got a close-up shot of the house?

Can you post that pic?

o

just wanted to say your house is really gorgeous.

o

redlover - You can see the pics here http://www.trulia.com/property/44502288-4000-Arden-Way-NE-Atlanta-GA-30342

The pics do look grayer on screen. In person it seemed gray/blue to me.

threeapples - Thanks! I thought it would be too simple at first, but have grown to love that about it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here