Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help quickly!

Posted by mjtx2 (My Page) on
Fri, May 11, 12 at 6:35

Posting this in two forums for hopefully quick responses ;)

Help - have to decide by 11 a.m. central today! ;)
I'm getting Sears' counter-depth refridgerator and freezer but they're separate units (about 18 cu ft each). Usually they're put side by side for a built-in look, but they always show them with a trim kit that makes them look built in.

I don't particularly want the trim kit but will it look funny without it?

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_04604793000P?

I've got to know this morning because I'm doing final kitchen cabinet planning and they'll want an exact measurement.

Does it look okay without the trim kit?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help quickly!

That's basically the same set up I have, but mine didn't come with the option of the trim kit. I would definitely get the kit if you are setting the units into a cabinet. It will look better and aid air flow.

o

I know I'm too late for your answer, but I agree with marti8a re: airflow.

Just wanted to say I was at a party last Saturday and they had this fridge/freezer set up. It looks great and I had "size envy". Congrats I think you'll really like these.

o

Thanks to both of you for your replies! I'm getting the trim kit.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here