Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fishpants_gw

Bigkahuna---Please???

fishpants
14 years ago

Do you have the rest of the floorplan you posted along with the awesome kitchen pics? Or where I can see it?

Absolutely loving the mudroom and kitchen on that plan but would like to see the rest of it...

Thanks!

Comments (11)

• bigkahuna
    14 years ago

Fishpants, Here are the plans. Not sure they will be what you are looking for since it was designed for a specific person and site. Let me know if I can help.

The rest of the pics can be found here

http://www.designdirective1.com/

• fishpants
    Original Author
    14 years ago

bigkahuna-
    Thanks for your reply.
    I guess I didn't clarify myself very well. I meant the floorplan that you actually posted. It didn't have any bedrooms on that main floor. I'm assuming the master was upstairs (?). Also had a sunroom and a "plant room"...

• bigkahuna
    14 years ago

Fishpants,

Sorry, I forgot I had posted that plan. Had to think about it a bit to find the right one. I dont often post client plans. Again keep in mind this was designed for a very specific client /site. It most likely will not fit your needs. This one has some more complex rooflines and so on. In hind sight I would have changed a few things myself on the second floor. But that's what happens sometimes.... Clients want one thing I suggest others and it sometimes isn't always what I prefer. The pictures are on the website listed above as well. Email me if you need help!

I am assuming you are planning to build ? Hope it helps some.

{{gwi:1439274}}

{{gwi:1439275}}

• fishpants
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you!!!
    Yes, we are looking at building...again. Just have to sell current house first. Sigh.
    I will get in contact if I have more questions. Thanks again.

• bigkahuna
    14 years ago

Your'e welcome. Well I suggest getting the plans as far along as you can prior to selling your existing home. Assuming you have the land /lot already. It's a pain and much more hectic to do the mad rush once the home sells and your'e not ready!

Good Luck

• bigkahuna
    14 years ago

Fishpants...Out of curiosity.. Is there a particular style home you are considering? I was curious as to what drew you to this particular home ?

• homeagain
    14 years ago

I can see what drew fishpants to this home. I would love to see exterior elevations. By turning the sunroom/plant room into a master suite and adding a laundry where the full bath is by the mudroom, this would be the perfect retirement home for us. Of course, we wouldn't need the second garage at that point nor all of the upstairs space. The kitchen/dining room would just HAVE to be vaulted with a wood ceiling and beams. This is a great house!

Of course, our youngest is 8 so it would be a while before I can build our "retirement" home.

• fishpants
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I still don't know what the exterior looks like, but the floor plan itself is in the direction I like:
    -The mudroom is close to the kitchen and LARGE.
    -The great room, kitchen and dining are all open to each other, BUT the dining room is offset. House we're in now has the dining room between the two and I don't like it.
    -Large, true walk in pantry.
    -I would alter the plant room/sun area and turn that into the master area.
    -The porte cochere concept with the playroom above to combine the house to the extended garage is fantastic. Unique.
    -The "hunting room" above the extended garage. May have parents coming to live with us in the not-far future. Would turn that into an extended family residence.
    -The screened porch. Always wanted a somewhat protected sun/outdoor living area.
    -The fairly large covered porch area.

BTW, what's the square footage on this baby?

There are obviously some big changes we would make to some areas, but the "core" of the plan is arranged the way I have envisioned. I have had the darndest time trying to find a unique plan that expresses some of my thoughts...

• bigkahuna
    14 years ago

Im having a few problems linking to that home on website for some reason ( very frustrating since it and another had been working fine) but you can see the exteriors here

http://s952.photobucket.com/albums/ae7/DesignDirective/Jackson%202%20Residence/?albumview=slideshow

I dont have the square footage on it at the moment. But I believe it was around 5500 or more.

• fishpants
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for the pic link. Some great ideas. Love the mudroom and the back hallway even more!

• bigkahuna
    13 years ago

Your'e welcome.. I too was pleased with how almost everything came out on this home. The back hall and mudroom get lots of positive feedback with my other clients and ptential clients as well. I hope to go visit it this spring and get final finished pictures with all of it furnished and lanscaped. I also did a really cool bath house down by the lake that I haven't seen quite finished !

Good luck with your project.

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022