Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
davinci synthetic slate vs gaf camelot ii

Posted by renton123 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 10, 13 at 22:31

Currently in the final stages of our design phase. Was hoping to get people's opinions/experiences with DaVinci synthetic slate and GAF Camelot II roofs. I had convinced myself of the synthetic slate, but now second guessing whether it is worth the substantial extra cost. Our build is a French Country type of look but we are not fans of cedar shake. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: davinci synthetic slate vs gaf camelot ii

Our house is under construction and we went with Camelot II. I like them, but they are an asphalt shingle and will never be confused for slate. We looked at Da Vinci, but they were expensive and can - sometimes - look a little "plasticky".

I'll take a few photos and post them for you.

o

Thanks! I'm interested to see the photos.
Not getting many replies about the DaVincis and not much on the forum about them so I'm guessing they're not that popular on this site.

o

I too considered the da vincis, but paled at the cost...we went with camelot and I think it looks a lot warmer. We also have solar panels attached to our roof and I think the asphalt was easier to deal with in that regard.

o

Thanks AnnieDeighnaugh. Your house in gorgeous! If you don't mind me asking what color blend Camelot is that and what type of stone on your house?
I'm starting to lean away from the DaVinci's. Also been looking at the GAF Slateline.

o

Thanks, renton123...I think you can find your answers by scanning this thread....

Here is a link that might be useful: From inspiration to reality...

o

This is "Antique Slate" in the Camelot II. Please ignore the construction site mess; it's very much a work in progress.

o

And from the back.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here