Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Exterior window color Linen or Winter Wheat

Posted by joallen001 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 24, 14 at 21:52

We are starting the framing phase of our new home. I am going with Loewen SDL windows. I am trying to decide what color to go with. We will out Old Overton brick with buff mortar. The shutters will also be painted black. I am not sure on the porch color but I think our inspiration picture may be dove white on the exterior. I would like to hear thoughts on that as well.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Exterior window color Linen or Winter Wheat

Inspiration pic

o

One more inspiration pic

o

Hi joallen001, do you already have the sample cards from Loewen? There can be quite a color difference between real life and the website/computer screen. Your inspiration pics are lovely. If you can take a photo of the color samples with your brick, that might help -- and the folks over on the Decorating forum also are very good with color. Good luck!

o

Yes me and the window rep went to that exact house with loewen window chips. She recommended the linen color. But it is lighter than the inspiration pic. But the winter wheat is darker. She said she thinks the linen color window will fit the style better.

o

Wish I were more sensitive to color but if they both look good to you with the brick and trim I don't think you'll go wrong. Someone with color sense (not me!) will chime in soon.

Did the Loewen rep tell you what the upcharge would be for the architectural palette colors (that made a difference to my husband, maybe not to you)?

o

She did not mention any type of up charge. I will double check on that.

o

Maybe she will be able to give you the architectural palette for the same price? I would have loved that but our Loewen rep was not able to do so.

o

Are the windows the same color on the interior as the exterior?

o

The interior will be Douglas fir so it will get painted.

o

I like the linen. Love your inspiration house.

o

Thank you. I went ahead and ordered the linen!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here