Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kellithee_gw

Kellithee's house!

kellithee
9 years ago

I'm finally taking the time to post pictures. It'll be one by one and I apologize for the grainy pictures. My camera is from 2007. I really need to get a new one but this one still works even if it is only 7.2 megapixels. gasp!

First picture is of our laundry room. There is a laundry sink tub and a closet with a door to close off the room.

Comments (34)

• kellithee
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Dining area with sliding door out to back deck.

• kellithee
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Kitchen area with island.

• kellithee
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Living room area. Windows look over front covered porch.

• kellithee
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hallway bathroom.

• kellithee
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Master bedroom looking into master bath. Hard to get a full picture but the room is pretty small compared to most masters.

• kellithee
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Master bathroom taken from inside the master closet. A little messy but that's the way it is with a 9 month old.

• kellithee
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Lanie's room! Hers was the most fun to decorate. It's not finished yet, have some wall hangings. We also haven't bothered hanging any decorations or pictures up quite yet. I'm hoping this weekend though.

• kellithee
    Original Author
    9 years ago

This is our spare bedroom closet with the organizers. I loveeee them!

Well I will start with those pictures. :)

• kirkhall
    9 years ago

Seems like a wonderful livable, family home!

(I'm really curious about your kitchen L dimensions... Am thinking of a similar setup for a remodel for us in a few years, but most Ls are larger than I have room for. Yours might be similar to my space, or may even be larger).

I also appreciate that you are "real"--"how it is with a 9mo old".

• motherof3sons
    9 years ago

Congratulations KellI! You have a wonderful home and I especially like the little one in the last photo! A clean house is not important, playing with that precious baby is!

• illinigirl
    9 years ago

Congrats Kelli! Enjoy your beautiful new home with your beautiful family!!

• bpath
    9 years ago

Very nice! What kind of closet organizers did you use? The baby looks happy with them, too...or maybe she just likes the sunshine :)

• akshars_mom
    9 years ago

Congratulation Kelli. The house looks great. Love your daughters room.

• autumn.4
    9 years ago

Yay Kelli~ Congrats! Your daughters rooms is so cute. Everything looks great. Enjoy. :)

• kellithee
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone!

She is especially happy in that picture because her favorite aunt was holding her. :)

The dimensions of the L kitchen is 144 inches by 147 inches. The island is 72 inches.

We bought rubbermaid closet organizers from menards, they usually run 110 dollars but were on sale for 79 dollars. And they are easily interchangeable, can add, move or remove shelves.

• Oaktown
    9 years ago

What a warm, happy home! Especially love what you've done with the nursery thus far. Congratulations.

• pors996
    9 years ago

Very nice, best of luck!

• Lori Wagerman_Walker
    9 years ago

Very Nice Kelli!! Love a lived in house :)
    Congrats woman!

• bluemoon_1
    9 years ago

Aw Kelli-its such a pretty house-congratulaions!!
    (I almost stacked our W/D and chickened out at the end-shoot-awesome space saver!)

• jdez
    9 years ago

Good job Kelli. Nice house for that baby girl to grow up in. Wish y'all the best!

• Skyangel23
    9 years ago

Very nice! Love your daughter's room. So cute. Enjoy it!

• mlweaving_Marji
    9 years ago

So happy you're in! Lovely home for your family, and what a cutie-pie your little girl is! Hope she loves her pink room. ;)

• bluemoon_1
    9 years ago

Aw Kelli-its such a pretty house-congratulaions!!
    (I almost stacked our W/D and chickened out at the end-shoot-awesome space saver!)

• ladybrowncoat
    9 years ago

OOO! Thanks for sharing- I love looking at pictures of houses. I really like your master shower. We are putting in a one piece shower in our master, too, but it doesn't have that cool curvature detail (jealous!) :)

• xc60
    9 years ago

So exciting to be in your new home, it's beautiful! I really like your paint colors, floors and your gorgeous kitchen. Your baby girl is so adorable and so is her pretty pink room and her tree wall mural. :)

• kellithee
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you! I actually was kind of thinking about unstacking the washer and dryer to have an area to put stuff on top. Too lazy to change now.

I picked out my main area of living paint color with the help from here.

The tub/shower in the master actually has a wider and deeper tub. I posted a question if something like that existed on the bathroom forum and someone came through with an answer! It's awesome. Much deeper than a regular tub but space saving.

• desertsteph
    9 years ago

it's a lovely home! it is to live in... sometimes from pics I wonder if people DO live in theirs! mine looks more like someone broke in and terrorized it tho...

I love the (1 piece sort of?) type tub/shower surround. I don't like tile. Mine is sort of like yours but looks like fake tile - but still cleans easier than tile and was already in here so I'm ok with it.

what counter top did you use in the mstr bath? faucet? I need to get a new faucet and want a single handle one because of my hands. next yr I might put in a new sink which will most likely mean a new counter top.

and I like the shades in your bdroom - they easy enough to find out in the world? well, I usually only go to W or L's or HD... I could go to T also.

enjoy your new spaces! the deck and front porch will add a lot of living space and memory making for you all.

• kellithee
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you!

We did high def laminate countertops throughout the house with York built in sinks. The faucets are just the standard moen faucets.

Actually our shades are just the paper redi-shades at walmart. We didn't quite budget to do blinds throughout the house yet so we went this route and we have been pleased. They were only 5 bucks a piece and are cut to size. We got light filtering ones for the living room and room darkening ones for our bedrooms.

• desertsteph
    9 years ago

thx for the info. I looked at wilsonart online - but only at light tones. maybe I didn't look at the high def ones either... I'll go look again at the darker ones. and check out moen online too.

I was in W today in the curtain area and saw some long boxes with shades peeking thru a plastic window - they looked like I think yours do... but I didn't even have my window measurement with me! I'm in there at least once a week so next time I'll take the measurement I need. glad to hear they are just cut to fit - I was wondering about that. That'll make it quick and easy and since I'm in AZ with summer coming up I'll go for the light filtering also. Need to cut back on the blazing morning sun. I'll work on something long term down the road also.

• TehyaJenZ6
    9 years ago

I love the tile floor you've used, it's unique! Curious as to why you chose wood trim throughout the house instead of white?

• kellithee
    Original Author
    9 years ago

We had large, white trim in our old house along with white cabinets so I was looking for a change. I also like the wood trim because it blends in better with the colors of the floors and cabinets. White would have been too stark for me.

• ILoveRed
    9 years ago

Kelli--wonderful, family home. Love your daughters room and your kitchen.

Noticed your stacked w/d. May I ask how tall you are and if you have any problems with the reach of the inside of the dryer or the controls?

TIA.

• kellithee
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sure! I'm 5'3" (on a good day, I think in my medical record it's 5'2 and a half). I'm able to reach the controls, it's a little bit of a reach. We had a whirlpool washer and dryer stacked at our old house which were quite a bit smaller so they weren't as tall. These samsung ones are much larger and taller. So far no problems and actually my husband does most of the laundry. ;)

• reveriereptile
    9 years ago

I love the look of your house. I was wondering what brand of sliding glass door you have? Does it seem like a good door? We are going to be putting 4 in soon and are looking for a nice looking one.