Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
threeapples

I love this hardware for my interior doors-do cheaper ones exist?

threeapples
12 years ago

I want this egg and dart unlacquered brass set for my interior doors. I'd need the mortise locks to go with them, which are $99 on this same site (and by their description sounds pretty good). I obviously won't need the same thing for passage doors like closets, laundry room, etc., but the price is really high. Is there such a thing that's similar, but not as pricey?

Here is a link that might be useful: interior door hardware

Comments (5)

• millworkman
    12 years ago

Not really, that type of hardware is tough to match without it being a mortise type lock.

• palimpsest
    12 years ago

Emtek makes rectangular side plates for their tubular door knob sets. They don't have an egg and dart, and the prices appear to be only slightly less, but the difference could add up.

Here is a link that might be useful: emtek

• brickeyee
    12 years ago

That is mortise lock trim.

• athensmomof3
    12 years ago

I don't think so. Unlacquered brass is hard to find and expensive. We committed to it when Baldwin made their images line in unlacquered brass. It was discontinued in December. We had already bought unlacquered brass hinges.

We were going to do Baldwin Estate in the formal areas and Baldwin Images in the basement, upstairs, mud hall, etc. but that was no longer an option. The Images is the same quality but has a larger rosette and fewer options so it costs quite a bit less. The Estate knobs are beautiful and provide many more options but are expensive.

We ended up doing Omnia knobs on the interior doors. Excellent quality but quite a bit of a cost savings. The Traditions line has beautiful things and offered a medium sized rosette that I liked better than the larger one or smaller one. We did Baldwin exterior hardware because I liked their options better and I liked their multipoint much better for our french doors. It was quite a bit more than the Omnia multipoint. The Omnia was pretty but didn't have the backplate I wanted.

Emtek doesn't make unlacquered brass, although they will unlacquer it for a cost. I didn't want to get into that because I foresaw all sorts of problems, including it coming in lacquered and us not realizing it, etc.

We ended up way over on door hardware because of the commitment to unlacquered brass. Funny - we did unlacquered instead of the Baldwin Estate pre aged unlacquered (which is beautiful!) to save some money - figuring it would get there pretty quickly. We ended up at that price point anyway but it was too late because we had already bought the hinges!

• summerfielddesigns
    12 years ago

you might try charleston hardware ...

http://www.charlestonhardwareco.com