Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Online purchase of wood floors?

Posted by msmagoo (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 25, 13 at 20:18

Has anyone purchased wood floors online? I have looked in the Big box stores, but there are places online that have so much more selection. We have also checked Lumber Liquidators and weren't impressed.
Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Online purchase of wood floors?

LL doesn't always inform the customer that their cheap deals are seconds and possibly thirds. DH had a heck of a time making some LL flooring work; the tongues didn't fit the grooves,etc. We have ordered online for the last two builds. We really like the quality of Kahrs from Sweden, available at several places online. Not a problem, and in our case saved at least the sales tax.

o

In my opinion instead of buying online I suggest either drive direct to store and choose what we like or hit the manufacturers place and ask them to make wood floors according to our choice ... I prefer not to buy online

o

We bought from Lumber Liquidators and are very happy. They sent us several samples that we requested and the one we ended up choosing was perfect. When the floors came in, my DH pulled our golf cart trailer down to pick them up from the warehouse. We chose our own installers. We would use them again- no problems at all! Here is a picture...they are 4 inch prefinished pine, which fits in with our rustic farmhouse look.
 photo Copyofhousepicsmay10033.jpg

o

we purchased online from a floor store in Georgia when we built 6 years ago. we didn't have any problems at all. the floors were Mohawk and were 7.99/sf locally as well as at Lowes. from the Georgia store online, we got them 4.50/sf. my advice is make sure you get a sample before ordering. also check out the website for the brand of the floor you want to check for a picture of them installed in an entire room

o

As with anything online, make certain of what your getting!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here