Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loribug26

loribug26's new, but very lived in house :)

Not quite the "big reveal" worthy of a magazine, but it's getting there! So happy to be living in our new home. It is everything we dreamed & more. Happy happy Happy!!!

photobucket closed.

This post was edited by loribug26 on Wed, Apr 30, 14 at 10:55

Comments (18)

• akshars_mom
    10 years ago

Lori, Looks great. Love the collection of horses and all the "sayings" you have around the house.

Will be moving in next weekend and I hope I can get the lived in and warm inviting space as quickly as you have done.

• jdez
    10 years ago

Very nice LB. The fam seems to have adjusted well, all laid out in the LR as they are...lol.

• DreamingoftheUP
    10 years ago

Very nice. Trim is knotty pine with a clear finish? What's the scoop on the ceiling in the kitchen?

• RhettDrive
    10 years ago

Looks great! The lighting through out the house is very creative and looks fantastic; I particularly love the fixtures in the kitchen. Congrats on the move in : )

• autumn.4
    10 years ago

lori-woohoo! You are in and already decorated. You are one determined lady. :) Try to relax and enjoy..before the wedding prep gets going. Looks great.

Lori Wagerman_Walker thanked autumn.4
  • galore2112
    10 years ago

This is a spectacular house! Awesome !!!

• hoosierbred
    10 years ago

Great job, Lori!

How does your family like the new house?

• uponthehilltop
    10 years ago

Lori! It turned out just beautiful!! You have been VERY busy and appear to have worn your hubby out, lol!
    I love those red cabinets and the kitchen ceiling.
    You must get so much natural light during the day!
    Congratulations!

• ontariomom
    10 years ago

Lori,

You house is so warm, cozy and inviting! Those tall ceilings are spectacular and I love your light fixtures too. You must be very proud of all your efforts. I can't believe how many decorative items you have up already (pictures, quilts, etc). You have been busy since your move making your new space a home! Enjoy your new house!

Carol

• mushcreek
    10 years ago

I love your decor! So warm and cozy; it would go well in our rural setting.

I'm pleased to see some of our 'graduates' posting final reveal threads, like Lori and Kelli. It's an inspiration to those of us who are still slogging along with a long ways to go. The kitchen forum features reveal threads all the time, so I hope all of you who are mid-build will give us a reveal thread to drool over when you are done.

• xc60
    10 years ago

Lori, your new home is gorgeous! Love all your details and it looks like a wonderful home with lots of love. :)

• Lori Wagerman_Walker
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you so much everyone!!

It has definitely been a labor of love. We are very real, down to earth people and this house is a direct reflection of how we live and who we are. Resale value NEVER crossed my mind while designing it. I won't care, b/c they'll have to take me out in a pine box.

Jen ~ bath sink itself was an ETSY find. $30 ï Vanity & mirror, also came from etsy from an awesome store called timelessjourney. Awesome people to work with, and theyâÂÂve made a life from building things out of reclaimed barn wood. They are in MO.

I love the bourbon barrel idea, and I have a great contact for those too, if you want to email me, I can give you their number. Lexington Barrel Works. ïÂÂ

Mason jar lighting came also from an etsy, bornagainwoodworks. AWESOME. He custom made my lights for the tall ceilings, working with me and my âÂÂthis is what I have in my headâ crap all the way. ïÂÂ

Akshars ~ yeah the horse collection hasnâÂÂt even started to come out of boxes yet. There are about 300 more still to unpack. They go on shelves in my bedroom. IâÂÂm still trying to decide exactly how & where to put them. Most of the ones in the pictures are the ones I had as a young child and they go on top shelves, b/c they are scuffed & scratched from years of playing with them. The âÂÂnewerâ ones arenâÂÂt played with. I can be so anal sometimes⦠lol Plastic horses. Oh well I like to collect real horses too, but IâÂÂm at my limit of 6⦠ha!!

Dreaming ~ Yes knotty pine trim, and doors with a clear finish. All the boards came from our local hardware store. They are smooth as silk, and I catch myself just running my hands over them pretty often. A love affair with wood ïÂÂ
    Kitchen ceiling, and front & back porch ceilings are all galvanized metal. We ordered some from a local metal co, and it just wasnâÂÂt going to work. We wanted low profile so our recessed can trims would work, but this stuff was so flimsy! So our builder was grabbing trim boards one day at the hardware store, and noticed they had some. It was perfect. We had to go get the longer pieces for the kitchen from the supplier though. Luckily, another Indiana business, so it wasnâÂÂt too bad to do. If you want more info, I can get it.

The fam loves it. DD is still a little torn over missing the old house, but for a 12 yr old girl who hasnâÂÂt ever moved before, I think will just take some adjustment. ï ItâÂÂs an adjustment for all of us of courseâ¦.but so so worth it!

• mlweaving_Marji
    10 years ago

Lori, you have truly succeeded in something that so many of us strive for, and that is a house that is personal and totally a reflection of you and your family.
    It's impossible to believe that you just finished, you have likely been up 24/7 since moving in to have done all you have already.
    It's fantastic.

I agree with Mushcreek, it's really nice to see reveal threads on finished houses.

Can you tell us something about the quilts you have on display?

• xc60
    10 years ago

I just noticed we have the same thermostat, do you like it? Is it easy to use? Thanks Lori for any info. :)

This post was edited by xc60 on Mon, Apr 14, 14 at 15:08

• Lori Wagerman_Walker
    Original Author
    10 years ago

marji, thank you. That is exactly what I wanted to achieve. :)

I've not been up 24/7 I've had lots of great help, and lots of beer. lol

xc....well your's might work better if it's right side up. LOL jk.
    Yes, so far I've found it to be quite simple!! I love it.

• xc60
    10 years ago

Lol, stupid iPad, the pic is right side up on here and when I view it on the thread. I can never tell which photos I post are upside down as they all look fine to me. :( Sorry about that. Glad to hear you love your thermostat, yay! :)

I'll turn the pic upside down and hopefully it will be right side up for the rest of the world, lol.

• Lori Wagerman_Walker
    Original Author
    10 years ago

good job xc...now it's right side up. :) I do love the thermostat and really like the auto feature for it to go from heat to air on it's own. Handy in Indiana where you might need both in the same day!!!!