Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kam76

Hide a hose - best carpet

kam76
10 years ago

We have installed a rough in for hide a hose in our two story home. I know it is not ideal for carpet because it does not have an electric driven beater bar but we will have carpet in our bedrooms and a carpet runner on our stairs (solid floors and a few area rugs everywhere else). Is there a type of carpet that would be better for the HAH?

Comments (9)

• MFatt16
    10 years ago

I don't know but I am in the same boat and am interested in what others say.

• niteshadepromises
    10 years ago

I know my hide-a-hose dealer claims carpet should be no issue at all for the non electric head but....

From my research going lower pile is probably your safest bet. Deep pile plush carpet seems to be where people who have hide-a-hose give mixed reviews.

Not moved in so can't speak to ours yet tho we are getting one

• kam76
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Which carpet did you decide on niteshadepromises? There are just so many options out there it is mind boggling.

• NWHobart
    10 years ago

I am married to my carpet guy so when I brought up this same issue to him, he told me not to pick a carpet based on the HAH. Per our HAH dealer, his vac will be fine for day to day use, but occassionally we may want a deeper clean. Based on that statement, my husband just suggested we use our Kirby when ever I want an deeper clean.

• eaga
    10 years ago

I have a HAH with the non-electric carpet attachment. It's ok on my one, low pile, area rug, but I would want something more powerful if I had w2w carpet. It's great for everything else.

• niteshadepromises
    10 years ago

We're just spec'ing some carpet brand our builder normally uses, dreamweaver tranquility? Honestly I havn't really thought twice about it because its in a lower use area of our home. Plus our HAH dealer has a guarantee that says if you don't like HAH they will come back and take it out no questions asked. This includes a carpeted area. If at that point we decide to go a hybrid system we can do that in the basement only (where the carpet is).

He said it was easier to convert a HAH run from HAH to conventional, not so easy to go the other way soooo...we splurged even in the basement where use will be limited but carpet is W2W.

• lyfia
    10 years ago

My first house had Berber with an old central vaccum system so same style beater as the hide-a-hose uses. I had no issues with the berber. I think lower pile or berber type would be better choices.

• tempe110
    9 years ago

I wanted to bump this up since it's been awhile to see what you guys thought of so far of the hide-a-hose in general and specifically on your carpet?