Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
living/dining room decorative ceiling

Posted by miffy13 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 26, 12 at 14:33

Hi everyone,
I am trying to figure out what to do with the ceiling of my living/dining room in my new build. We have 9' ceilings and I want to do something special in there but I need help. We will have a coffered ceiling in the family room. I was thinking two separate trays but I dont know if I want to define the space that much. Anyone have any ideas or pictures that would be nice.
Thanks!
here is the floorplan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: living/dining room decorative ceiling

Have you checked out Houzz? Great ideas there!

Here is a link that might be useful: Houzz

o

Plaster Mouldings used as cornice and/or on the ceiling can define and beautify spaces where otherwise ceiling height limits headroom.

o

Look into barrel vault ceilings.

Here is a link that might be useful: Barrel vault example

o

thanks for all the suggestions.
joyce6333-I have been looking through houzz but havent found anything yet. Most pictures I saw dont show ceilings.
worthy-that is beautiful but a little too "girly" for my husbands taste. I will explore the general idea though.
abdrury-that is also beautiful but wouldnt fit in with the rest of the house.
I will keep looking at pictures and hope something pops out at me.

o

We did a fancier trey ceiling style:
Upgraded trey ceiling w/ medallion and faux finishing:
2012-02-20 16.07.19

P1050727

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here