Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
etr2002

Porches and Houseplans

etr2002
12 years ago

So, we are still in the planning stage and having found several plans that we like bits and pieces of, we have also started talking to builders and really trying to narrow down what is important to our lifestyle. We have 100 acres of rolling farmland on which to build. We have a small pond in our front yard and a larger one behind the potential house site with lots of privacy and wildlife. We want a home with a large front and back porch with a very open layout and would prefer a one story with 3 or 4 bedrooms and anywhere between 2700 and 3000 +/- sq. ft. I spoke with a representative from both Spitzmiller and Garrison who each stated that those are houses of years gone by for the most part. Anyone know of an architect or website that could potentially have houses that might fit our lifestyle? I have looked at all the generic houseplan sites but just haven't found anything that screams home. We may need to go to an architect, but I would like to see some plans if they are out there. Thanks for the help!

Comments (4)