Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maggiepie11_gw

Maggiepie11's House Pics

maggiepie11
9 years ago

hi all! instead of bogging down the monthly thread with all my photos, i figured i'd post a separate thread for anyone interested. SO. VERY. TIRED.

i don't have a ton of photos prior to moving stuff in because things got a bit crazy at the end. we took two weeks off work to move and get settled and we were crazy to think we'd have a day or two to relax at the end. we're back to work today and still have boxes that aren't unpacked, and i haven't done NEARLY all the decorating i thought i would by now.

here are some photos of the house in its builder-finished state (for the most part). We still have some punch list items 2 weeks later, and one of them is pretty big outside.

Anyway, here are some pre-moving photos.

Outside:

INSIDE:

Master Closet:

Laundry:

Daughter's Bedroom:

Main Living Area:

KITCHEN

We're still undigging from the other side of the house. We got our keys on a friday but had to promise not to walk on the wood floors until Sunday, so basically we had to move everything into 1/3 of the house which has tile off the garage. That side of the house is still recovering from that process as you can see here:

We're getting there. I can post pics of post-moving in as we get them in this thread if anyone is interested?

UPDATE: I'm just going to keep adding photos to the top/original entry so you don't have to scroll down. :)

Master bathroom is a work in progress. :)

My son's room:

I'll keep posting as I get the rooms settled enough to share. :)

KITCHEN UPDATE:

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE - DINING ROOM PHOTOS:

We also added shutters to the inlaw/guest house!

they will be stained aqua like ours once the cedar dries out. :)

This post was edited by maggiepie11 on Wed, May 7, 14 at 8:44

Comments (25)

• jdez
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I was wondering if we would see pics from you... You better post some after-moving pics!!! Your house is gorgeous. I hope your days are stress free now.

• anitaladyrose
    9 years ago

Awesome! Please post additional pics of your beautiful home! I am on the complete other end of process! Still in planning stages.

This post was edited by AnitaLadyRose on Fri, May 2, 14 at 22:11

• kam76
    9 years ago

Yes please more pics, your home is gorgeous!

• chicagoans
    9 years ago

Wow! Lots of beautiful features. I love the color of the kitchen ceiling, the granite, hood, wood floors, chunky wood mantel... could go on an on. Congrats and here's to much happiness in your new home!

• jackson2348
    9 years ago

Love it Maggiepie! It's gorgeous. Please post addl pics as you get moved in!

• jkliveng
    9 years ago

Love it!! Please continue to post photos as you move!

• Skyangel23
    9 years ago

Maggiepie,
    I love it! The stone fireplace, open floor plan, lovely cabinets and range hood... so nice! I love the cheyanne plank doors with the bronze handles, we are doing the same and it is good to see how sharp they look. :- )
    Now, I am the one who asked you what your paint color was. I ordered a sample of the PPG Silver Dollar, and I do really like it. I am hopeless w/ whether colors are warm or cool though, and I am worried it is a cool color, and our cabinets and other elements will be warm colors. Do you have any advice for me on that? We have to choose our paint this week. Is that the color you did in the whole house? It really looks great w/ the fireplace and the chunky white trim!
    And the ceiling turned out really nice!

• MFatt16
    9 years ago

I love everything! We are planning a similar mantel and yours is just perfection now that its all done.

• maggiepie11
    Original Author
    9 years ago

ok, here are some photos of the office. it's a bit of a departure from the rest of the house, but we're happy with how it turned out. the wall color is Sherwin Williams Naval, but mixed at 75% saturation.

Pretty much everything except the curtains and the paisley painting are DIY projects!

• mlweaving_Marji
    9 years ago

Maggie, you've outdone yourself! It truly is gorgeous and I believe reflects your vision that you had going in. I'd love to see pics of your master bath, and the guest house.
    Oh, and I'm going to steal your laundry room shelving/rod idea. I was just talking to my trim carpenter yesterday about the height of the shelf, didn't even think about putting a rod with it. Genius!

Love how your office came together. After seeing all the different DIY projects it's fun to see them in the room together.

• sanctuarygirl
    9 years ago

Love it, Maggie! Did you post the floorplans on here earlier in the process? Just curious so I can look at them because I love your open family/kitchen/dining and want to see more. Congratulations!

• mommytoty
    9 years ago

Congratulations, maggie!! Everything is beautiful and I bet you are so happy to finally be in!! Enjoy your home!

• Spottythecat
    9 years ago

Maggie....I remember you building when mine was almost done...It turned out GORGEOUS! The colors/floors/trim/exterior all flow throughout the house. So well done! The kitchen hood is really cool and those kitchen lanterns. So much to love about your house!
    Congrats!
    Pam

• kellithee
    9 years ago

Beautiful! Congrats on moving in. Love the colors of those rooms you just posted.

• akshars_mom
    9 years ago

Congratulations on moving in. Your House looks great. Glad that you took pictures after completion and before moving. I was so involved with the move that I did not do it and I wish I had done it.

Post more pictures when you get a chance.

• nancy.ramos
    9 years ago

WOW ! Your house looks beautiful.

What granite did you use? What is the paint color in your laundry room, kitchen walls? The color goes so well with the granite.

• autumn.4
    9 years ago

Congrats Maggie. It's beautiful! Enjoy and of course we want more pics as you continue to get settled. ;) Love it!

• carp123
    9 years ago

looks fantastic!! congrats

• maggiepie11
    Original Author
    9 years ago

thanks everyone. i'm just going to keep adding to the very first post in this thread rather than adding new posts.

nancy, the paint color on the walls is called SilverDollar by PPG Paint, and the granite is white ice, but we snagged the most unusual white ice slabs we could find at the yard. :) They're very blue and taupe!

• Homeblessings
    9 years ago

I'd love to see a pic of the family room with furniture, and view of kitchen and family room together. Your layout looks similar to mine and I'm trying to get an idea of furniture placement.

I love all of the industrial light fixtures. Do you have anymore you haven't shown us yet? What light fixture did you put in your son's bathroom?

You did an awesome job. Enjoy your new home!

This post was edited by Homeblessings on Tue, May 6, 14 at 0:25

• Ktdh
    9 years ago

Your new home is lovely! Love your kitchen and all the touches of color. The range hood is really beautiful,where did you get it? Congratulations!

• nepool
    9 years ago

beautiful, congrats!!! Where did you get that gorgeous clawfoot tub?

• maggiepie11
    Original Author
    9 years ago

thank you homeblessings! i haven't taken photos of the furnished living room yet because our leather sofa arrived with a small hole in one cushion that's being repaired. and one of my two custom bergerie chairs came with a broken arm. what luck! i also just ordered a gigantic coffee table. we've never had any size coffee table in our living room, so this will really change things up for us. i've DIY'd or refinished about 75% of the furniture in our house so i'm taking a break on this one and ordering from a local furniture maker. :) anyway, i'd like to have those pieces back before i post photos. i did just add photos of the dining room which is also part of the open living space, and i'll keep adding photos as i take them. :)

in my son's bathroom, he has this light over his vanity:

and this light overhead:

katiesdreamhouse - thank you! the hood was a custom order from Vogler Metal Design. I found him on Houzz. he is in indiana but did an amazing job crating the hood and shipping to us. custom hoods are pricey but if you can swing it they add so much to the kitchen in my opinion!

nepool - thank you! we got a great deal on the clawfoot tub at vintagetub.com it's a 6 foot long cast iron double slipper lion paw with chrome fixtures.

• TurkG
    9 years ago

It's the details that make your home awe inspiring. In particular is your kitchen/great room. I'm planning an addition to turn our kitchen into what you have. Been looking at a lot of possibilities but what you've done moves it to the top of the list as to what it should look like. Congratulations on putting together a stunner.

• Homeblessings
    9 years ago

Love your son's bathroom light combo. Where did you purchase them? If you can get a good picture of that bathroom I'd love to see them installed. Love your dining room pictures too!

Sponsored
Kwon Contracting
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Loudoun County, VA