Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Exterior color scheme

Posted by embemis (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 15, 14 at 11:32

Past time for us to decide on the color of our metal roof! We are leaning towards silver with the hardiplank siding maybe a light light blue/green. ( possibly sw rainwashed) what do you think? We are not in a neighborhood, so there are no restrictions on color. This is quite a change from the original plan of black shingles, white Siding and black shutters. Please give your opinion and any other color suggestions!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Exterior color scheme

Different view

o

Lakeside

o

I love the silver metal roof with rainwashed... it would have been one of my choices if we weren't limited on our colors so much. I love lake homes with silver (galvanized?) roofs... but white is always a lovely color too! I've never seen a white house I didn't like. ;)

o

I got samples of every neutral metal color in the world, it seemed. Carried them around for months, held them at 45 degrees above a piece of wood painted BM Backwoods to mimic our siding. I like the color I ended up with, but honestly, it reflects the sky a lot, so it doesn't "read" the same color I thought I was picking out except from certain angles.

In the right setting, I do like the straight metallic colors. Also, look up Zactique, it is something in between a color and a pure metallic.

o

You might post in home decor...lots of color and decor advice there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here