Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What color is your interior doors?

Posted by Kathi67 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 21, 13 at 11:00

I went into a new home a few weeks ago and the interior doors were painted brown. I usually see white interior doors. I was wondering what color other people painted theirs?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What color is your interior doors?

Mine will be painted white, I imagine most doors are white or an off white color. I can't really remember the last time I seen a different color interior door.

o

Mine are natural oak.

o

Black is also in.

o

I always love white and black doors. Depending on the style of the home, creamy natural colors can look great too (taupey grays and beiges for colonial/cape type homes). I have seen interior doors painted all sorts of colors lately. My favorite was a bright yellow pantry pocket door!

But I get a little confused when decorating around lots of colors... so I'm going with white doors in our house.

o

My trim is white opulence and my doors are SW manor house it is a dark greyish brown. We love the dark doors, they hide lots of little fingerprints.

o

My trim and doors are called Stonehenge greige, kind of taupe.

o

I'm in the middle of making the same decision. Our walls will be grant beige, trim is bone, and some accents will be huntington beige - somewhat darker and golder than the wall color. I'm thinking of painting the doors the Huntington beige instead of the trim color. The palette of all three cord works well together, but I'm not sure I want a gold beige on the doors (I have a horror of fleshy beiges, but these are not, and work nicely with the high desert landscape).

Hard to decide without pictures/visuals!

o

I'm looking forward to doing black doors with white trim in a house someday. Love that look!

o

At first I had thought about black doors until I saw some brown doors in a home a few weeks ago. Now I'm debating between brown and black.

o

I would suspect brown v black is just a taste-specific thing and the effect will be very much the same. If you have a tendency to decorate in stark colors, the black might be better v more neutrally colors the brown tones would be better. In my house, I could see the brown working well, but I am not someone who likes white/black checkered kitchen floors, for example.

o

My interior doors are qs walnut with stainless steel inserts.

o

Black, as are the windows. Agree it can look stark depending on what else is in the room, so planning to warm it up with cabinets, textiles, etc.

o

Here is a of picture of our painted doors.

o

I can't find a good picture right now but our doors are the same color as the trim.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

o

We had white plain, solid doors before remodel, now we have natural oak doors, with glass panels in the top half, except for the one to the storage cupboard under the stairs which is plain solid oak. I much prefer the oak doors, they look so nice, especially the gold and black handles (except for one which the dog chewed a little, lol!)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here