Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Starting the process

Posted by andry (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 7, 12 at 10:05

Hello all! We are starting this process, close on the lot on 4/16. We have been through the first prelim drawings from our architect, they were close to what we want! Revised set coming Tuesday.

This all somewhat came out of the blue, got the lot (1/2 acre, which is pretty large in our neighborhood). My 82 yearold dad will be moving in with us, and our current house that I still love will not accomodate a first floor master, which is not only important to dad, but I have rheumatoid arthritis, and want to build a home I know I can stay in if I degenerate.

Anyway, I just wanted to say how excited I am to havefound the gardenweb forums, and all of you smart, experienced people. I know I will be seeking answers to many questions!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Starting the process

Welcome, Andry!

I've been a frequent poster in appliances and kitchens during our recent remodel, GW is wonderful!!

Now we're building a small (1650 sq ft) home together with my parents so they can live 2 blocks away from us for 6 months of the year. Yay for both of us!

o

Welcome!! Looking forward to watching your build!

o

Madeline~~ I would like to see your house plan for 1650 SF.
I also am looking for a small house plan to meet my disabled needs....no steps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here