Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joallen001_gw

House plan for a pool

joallen001
11 years ago

I am searching for a house plan that will work well with a pool. Does anyone have any experience with this? House size needs to be around 2500-2800 sq feet. I have considered the La Meilleure Vie house plan. I just can't find anyone that has actually built it.http://www.thehousedesigners.com/plan/la-meilleure-vie-2297/
I need a minimum of three garages and hopefully 5. Maybe a detached in the future. Any thoughts?

Comments (9)

• joallen001
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Updated link

Here is a link that might be useful: House plan details

• angel411
    11 years ago

Hi!
    I think if I were you, I would pick a plan that worked for my family and then design a pool to fit in with that. What is it that you want the house to do? Have a clear view of the pool from certain rooms? Wrap around the pool? Have lots of entertaining area? A little more info may get some more responses...
    The size of your lot will dictate what kind of pool you can have (size, shape, etc.,) more than the house plan, I would imagine...

• annkh_nd
    11 years ago

Our neighbors have a pool. Convenient access from the pool area to a bathroom is a must!

• joallen001
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes I would certainly like to have a nice view of the pool from inside the house. I researched for a while last night on that house plan I posted. Looks as though it would be pretty pricey to build. There are a couple of houses close by that I really like. I have not had any luck locating similiar plans yet. Thinking I may stop by and talk to the home owner. I will post the pics. It is hard to tell in the pic but the house is basically L-shaped. It extends really far back and has three garages. I was thinking the pool could be placed inside the L shape if that makes sense. Which would be great for privacy since the house next door is two story. The lot size is 307' long alont the street and 216' deep. I certainly plan to have a restroom outside, along with a fridge and small outdoor kitchen. I own a landscape business so the backyard will be the focal point for me. A few pics of the houses I really like that are close by, if I can only find similar plans or talk to the owners! These houses are actually side by side. So you can see part of the garage on one of the houses. If I had to guess these have bonus rooms up top. I am unsure if I will do a bonus room since my brother in law is handicap. I could consider an elevator though.

• joallen001
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Right now of the two I think this is my favorite. I like the colonial look. At least thats what I call it!

• joallen001
    Original Author
    11 years ago

One more pic, This is similar to what I have in mind leading out to the pool.

• joallen001
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Any thoughts?

• sherry0117
    9 years ago

What did you end up building?

• autumn.4
    9 years ago

Google found this - I was curious too:
    joallen001 plan