Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
best site for contemporary house plans?

Posted by susanka (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 1, 12 at 0:21

Hi, everyone. We're only beginning to consider that we might build a new home in a year or so. We're looking for a contemporary style with lots of glass, MBR plus guest bedroom, an office, and a TV/music room. Square feet, probably 2000 or so; we're empty-nesters who are building our final home. Our land, if we do this, is sloping. We're thinking of a one-story with a garage on one end down the slope; probably have a deck on top of the garage. This is a lot of detail, I know, but I'm trying to give as full a picture as I can of what we're considering. Thanks for any advice you can offer about a good place to start looking at house plans.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: best site for contemporary house plans?

houseplans.co This site has lots of contemporary plans of all sizes. Alan Mascord Design Associates, Inc.

Also try houseplans.com, it has quite a few contemporary designs. Best to you!

Here is a link that might be useful: Alan Mascord Design Associates, Inc.

o

sanctuarygirl, thank you very much. I like many of the mascord designs; hadn't heard of them before you posted.

I'm afraid our lot and house requirements are so specific that we won't find a plan, now that I've looked all day, but I've certainly gotten some ideas. I'll have to let all this jell for a while and see where we are. Again, thank you.

o

We are considering having Mascord Designs alter one of their plans to meet our needs. We need to make some changes to the interior, and completly change the roof and elevation/style of the house, and so far they seem easy to work with.

o

Thanks, Laura. We aren't far enough along to even contact anyone yet, but I've got the name now and have saved a plan. We'd like to avoid the cost of an architect; in fact, we probably have to do that or not build, but we're way too early in the process to do more than look at plans and think about what we might like to have. Mascord certaInly has some interesting designs.

o

susanka, there's a couple of sites you can check out. Here's a few off the top of my head.

Contempophile, Homedsgn, Freshome

Those are pretty good sites to find contemporary designs. I'm sure there's more but it's a good start.

o

Depending where you are you can get a custom design for little or no more than a quality stock plan. Some areas have quite a bit of regulation which drives the plan cost up considerably.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here