Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tall closet doors

Posted by M_N_A (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 27, 13 at 0:13

I have 8 ft ceiling. I don't like the regular 80" door as closet door. I want the door to be as tall as possible.

something like this
http://www.jeld-wen.com/catalog/interior-doors/custom-carved/wood-composite/all-panel#group=&model=model1539

1. what is the max height i could get without going custom?
2. where to get such door for good price?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tall closet doors

Standard interior door heights are 80", 84" and 96".

o

thank you but 84" is not enough. can 96" door fit in 8‘ ceiling? need some space for the molding right?

o

We have 7'-6" closet doors from TruStile. It is also a standard height.

That said, we have vaulted ceilings and at the lowest point, our ceiling is 9 ft tall.

A 96" door and a 96" ceiling (8') would look strange. Even with a 7'6" door, you would need to account for the door trim and any crown molding.

o

A 96" door will not fit in 96" ceilings period with or without trim.

o

thanks millworkman.

storyofmylife, where do you order TruStile from? what's the price point? a 90" will work

o

@M_N_A - we went through our lumber yard for the TruStile doors. You can find a dealer through the dealer locator on the TruStile website.

I can't recall the exact price (since we worked with our contractor and made an upgrade from the original architectural spec of the Masonite molded doors). I think the doors were coming in around $500 to $600 per door (we had 23 doors) but don't quote me on that.

o

thank you, storyofmylife! it helps!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here