Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phoggie_gw

Phoggie's home...finally!

phoggie
11 years ago

Here is the front view of my new home...

The kitchen....

Comments (46)

• phoggie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The dining room...

• phoggie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The living room....

• phoggie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Master bedroom and bath....

• sedona_heaven
    11 years ago

Phoggie how wonderful!!! I love the windows in the dining room and living room! It seems cozy yet expansive...are you finally all moved in? Loving it? Congratulations!!

• phoggie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Guest bedrooms...

Bathroom off guest rooms...

• phoggie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Utility room...

My wonderful building crew....

• kirkhall
    11 years ago

:) Very nice! I love the wall colors in all the bedrooms (and bathroom)!
    I don't remember what your final plan was. Do you have it posted here somewhere (you could link to)?

Enjoy your new, blessed home!

• bevangel_i_h8_h0uzz
    11 years ago

It's beautiful... warm, inviting and cozy. Absolutely perfect! I'm so happy for you. May blessings rain down on you and on your wonderful Amish crew. Somehow I suspect you and they have probably become friends for life.

• autumn.4
    11 years ago

Oh Phoggie - it's beautiful! You did a fantastic job on all of your choices. I am so happy to see your post (I know it was work for you to do so) and I hope you enjoy every minute there. :)

On a side note - what are the dimensions of your dining room if you don't mind?

Lisa

• 293summer
    11 years ago

Congrats! It looks fabulous. You are truly blessed.

• motherof3sons
    11 years ago

Phoggie it is wonderful! Everything is perfect. Love all the finishes. I am so jealous because it is decorated!!! We moved in months ago and do not have one picture on a wall.

Enjoy your new home - you certainly deserve it!

• mrspete
    11 years ago

You say "finally", but it seems like no time ago you posted that you were just breaking ground. I think you've made great time . . . and your house is lovely!

• lucy0214
    11 years ago

So lovely! Congrats on finishing, so inviting, enjoy:)

• PRO
    Window Accents by Vanessa Downs
    11 years ago

It's just lovely!! Great job and congrats on doing it alone. I know you felt your husbands spirit along the way. (I think I have the same barstools as you!)

• CamG
    11 years ago

What a wonderful house, and it sounds like working with that crew was a great experience, too. It's great to see this project come to such beautiful fruition!

• phoggie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

A huge thank you to all of you on this site for all of the encoragement and well wishes through this build....it really means so much to have friends from near and far who take the time to be so kind.

Autumn....my dining room carpeted area is 9x12...but that does not include the hardwood area between it and the kitchen.

MrsPete....the actual build took just a few days short of 3 months.....but I was so slow getting the pics posted by my DD....'cause I am computer challenged....grew up in the old manual typewriter years :-)

Yes, my Amish crew will be my friends for life....I just can not praise them and their work they did...and their life-style was pure joy to be around. Yes, the house was more than I had originally thought....but aren't most of them? But it was of my own choosing by getting up-grades in materials, etc.

Oh how I wish my departed DH was here to enjoy the house and lake...he would have loved it here because he loved wildlife. I do hope he would be pleased for me and I know his spirit is with me.

• sanveann
    11 years ago

Beautiful -- congrats!!!

Btw, I LOVE your hardwood floor in the second photo! What kind of wood and finish is that?

• threeapples
    11 years ago

Congratulations!
    How wonderful that you had such a nice Amish crew--we do too and we've come to really like them.
    Is that a tension rod above your washer and dryer in the laundry room or something created for you? Great idea.

• Spottythecat
    11 years ago

Beautiful....so well put together-colors, furnishings etc...love the view of the lake! Congrats to you!!!
    An added plus was making those Amish friends along the way!

Best!
    Pam

• dyno
    11 years ago

Yours is an engaging story in perseverance.

Congratulations on a job very well done. Enjoy your new home!

• Terri
    11 years ago

Beautiful! congratulations and I know your DH is smiling down!

Can you tell me about your bathroom sinks? are they all undermount? I like the shape of them and really like the size of the one in the 2nd bath. Love the paint in the guest bath and laundry area also.

I can see our builder being a life friend now also. I'm especially thankful for that after reading about some doozies!

• autumn.4
    11 years ago

Thanks Phoggie - the visual with the measurement helps so much!

• phoggie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

threeapples~~~the rod in the laundry room is just a 5' closet rod and rod caps....nothing fancy, but I did not think a tension rod might hold the weight that I get on it from time to time. I am SO glad you have an Amish crew also....you can rest assured that you will have a quality house.

sanveann~~~my floors are hickory with a gunstock stain and they are real wood. I got the flooring at Lowe's and love it!

terri0826~~~My bathroom cabinets were custom made from a local maker...birch with mocha stain.....the counter tops of all the bathroom and dressing vanity are white onyx with "waterfall" sinks. They are so easy to take care of and I really am pleased on how they turned out.

• daisyblue
    11 years ago

I'm so happy for you, Phoggie! What a beautiful home!! You sure could give me some lessons in being decisive.... I am using your process as inspiration!

• phoggie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks daisyblue~~I am happy to be of any "inspiration" to you that I can be.....I enjoyed the process and would do it again....even at 71 years old :-)

• gaonmymind
    11 years ago

So lovely! I am also so envious that you finished so quickly. What a blessing!

• nini804
    11 years ago

How lovely!! What a gracious, pretty home...you did a great job! Enjoy!

• caymaiden
    11 years ago

Well done, phoggie, it looks gracious and comfortable. You've decorated beautifully -- I can completely imagine what it would be like to live and entertain in your house. Really lovely job.

• ILoveRed
    11 years ago

Congratulations! You did a great job.

Everything is just beautiful, especially your kitchen.

• arch123
    11 years ago

Phoggie
    I love the way your house turned out and have really enjoyed the process you had with your house. Wow - It looks great!

• MrsHunter
    11 years ago

Your house looks fantastic! Congrats!

Can you tell me how big your kitchen is? And how long the peninsula is? Thanks!

• sweet.reverie
    11 years ago

Looks great Phoggie! Congrats!

• melsouth
    11 years ago

Good for you! Enjoy your happy, lovely home and your great view!

• phoggie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

MrsHunter~~ the Kitchen is 12'4" wide...12'6" long...plus a 4' walkway between the kitchen and dining room.

The curve of the granite on the peninsula is 10'6"....and I love it! That always gets people's attention....in a good way!

Thanks for asking.

• C Marlin
    11 years ago

Happy for you, very nice home.

• abrshafer
    11 years ago

Beautiful! I really love the color of your bathroom cabinets, the window above kitchen sink (and of course the views), and well, lots of other things!

I hope you have wonderful and blessed memories in the new house!

• ccintx
    11 years ago

Phoggie,

What is the paint color in the kitchen and guest bedroom? It's a pretty soft green.

• Oaktown
    11 years ago

Phoggie, yours is a lovely home, very well thought out.

Would you be willing to share more information on the floral in your bathroom? Is that a built-in vase with real flowers? Can you take it down? Is there a removable interior insert for watering and cleaning? I just love the way it adds color and texture to that room. Very original.

• jennybc
    11 years ago

You have a beautiful home! Love hearing good feed back on Amish builders. I have never heard anything but good and we are using an Amish crew too.

You made wonderful choices in finishing your home.

• ppbenn
    11 years ago

Oh Phoggie! I missed this fist time around and WOW Love It!
    Love the Kitchen Laundry Bathrooms. Everything looks beautiful.
    I think I remember you now live near family? The setting is wonderful- I wish you many happy years in you beautiful home.

• alaws
    11 years ago

Beautiful! Congratulations!

• phoggie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Oak town...that planter is a metal hanging "bucket"...I think I got it at a Southern Living party several years ago. The flowers are silk (I know this is frowned upon), but I plan to change them out as seasons change. Thanks for liking it!

CCinTX...I can not find the color sample of the green color I used, but I bought a recliner and used the next to the lightest color that was on the color chart that matched that chair....but it is a light olive/sage color. I had used about this same color in my last house and it is so easy to decorate around. Glad you liked it also!

Ppbenn..you have a good memory...yes, I lost my DH recently and moved "back home" and so glad to be back nearer my families.

• ccintx
    10 years ago

Phoggie,

How are you enjoying your home? Is there anything you would change? I think it is simple charming. Is the floorplan posted on the forum? For some reason, I am unable to locate it.

Hope you are enjoying your home.

C

• krycek1984
    10 years ago

So nice to see this done. I know after your husband passed you had so many choices, options, dilemmas, etc. it is inspiring to know that through it all you stayed true to your heart and can live your retirement years in a beautiful house. Are you closer to family now? I am sure your husband would be proud!

• phoggie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Krycek...I love it here. Yes, I am much closer to my family now. DS and wife are just across the street...instead of 2 hours. I am over an hour closer to DD and family and about the same distance as I was before to the other DD and family (65 miles). I have lived here 5 months and today was the first time all of my children, their spouses and grandchildren were here at the same time! We had such a wonderful day and I thank God everyday that He has blessed me with such a wonderful family...I would have never made it through the death or two spouses, built two new homes on my own, and everything life put in my path without them.

• krycek1984
    10 years ago

That's wonderful phoggie...as you grow older you will really come to appreciate having family so close. And they will be less stressed as well concerning your well being. I don't think this could have ended better!